RM Editorial Use only

Hello,

When i tried to submit some images that i don t have any property or model release for, the option you select for the licence went to RM automatically. So i added "editorial use only" restriction for them . When i checked those images today under "manage files" section. There is no restriction showing. They are shown as only RM. I tried to add restriction to some of them again, and saved them. But nothing changed. Does anyone know why? 

Where did you write "for editorial use only"?

Probably the best place to put it is in the "Description" field, which is non-searchable.

When i submitted images, i checked "editorial" under "restriction" tab. It seems writing in the description field is the way..

Probably the best place to put it is in the "Description" field, which is non-searchable.

When i submitted images, i checked "editorial" under "restriction" tab. It seems writing in the description field is the way..

Also, Alamy says that a new "editorial use only" button will be available soon.There's a discussion about it in another thread.

This explains how you restrict the use to editorial use only:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/143-editorial-images/

But as you see it will probably not be necessary, and if it should be necessary there will hopefully soon be a direct way for this as John mentions above.

But you should study carefully whether this restriction is necessary - the above threads will tell you more. Searching the Alamy forum for useful threads is better done from the Google search - just include "alamy forum" (don't need the quotation marks) in the search string. There is a gold mine of valuable information.

Not all customers will read the description field, it may have moved upwards, but it is still below the key words.

Niels

This explains how you restrict the use to editorial use only:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/143-editorial-images/

But as you see it will probably not be necessary, and if it should be necessary there will hopefully soon be a direct way for this as John mentions above.

But you should study carefully whether this restriction is necessary - the above threads will tell you more. Searching the Alamy forum for useful threads is better done from the Google search - just include "alamy forum" (don't need the quotation marks) in the search string. There is a gold mine of valuable information.

Not all customers will read the description field, it may have moved upwards, but it is still below the key words.

Niels

thanks Niels

• 2 weeks later...

When i submitted images, i checked "editorial" under "restriction" tab.

If you clicked 'editorial' in the restriction tab, that indicates that the file is restricted from editorial use.

Archived