4K Monitors - Are they worth looking at?

After the great advice from the here specially the BenQ experiences and additional research yesterday evening, I have decided for a 32" 4K BenQ,

This one is only 49cm high, and should just fit on my desk without me loosing a shelf

Hope I will be able to use it for my 100% QA work. 

PC should be fine, it has a decent graphic card and 64GB of RAM, only I need some additional harddisk space. 

The 50Mpix pictures are eating available space in next no time. ( also I should adopt a more rigid deletion policy)

After the great advice from the here specially the BenQ experiences and additional research yesterday evening, I have decided for a 32" 4K BenQ,

This one is only 49cm high, and should just fit on my desk without me loosing a shelf

PC should be fine, it has a decent graphic card and 64GB of RAM, only I need some additional harddisk space. 

The 50Mpix pictures are eating available space in next no time. ( also I should adopt a more rigid deletion policy)

But you haven't really taken the advice  :). That was to go for a wide gamut BenQ which is what have been getting the great reviews (including Duncan's recommendation above) for high quality at a very reasonable price in comparison to the Eizos and NECs. You are going for enormous at the expense of quality I think. 

But you haven't really taken the advice  :). That was to go for a wide gamut BenQ which is what have been getting the great reviews (including Duncan's recommendation above) for high quality at a very reasonable price in comparison to the Eizos and NECs. You are going for enormous at the expense of quality I think. 

There will always be something better, but for me it has to fit the budget which I divvy up between computer and camera, higher priority on the latter.  

I take photos and do not really edit them, but definitely got the point with color accuracy which I will cater for with getting a colorimeter. 

Don't think much is wrong with this monitor and it will propel me to next level, compared to my current monitor. 

This is a 10bit per color monitor and covers 100% sRGB, also displays 64 times as many colors as my current screen (let alone current is not color calibrated)  

http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/bl3201pt/specifications/

Understood. I'm sure you will love it and it will inspire you in your photography so best of luck with it. The only point I was making really is that viewing one's images on a matte wide gamut monitor (close to 100% Adobe RGB which is a much bigger colour space than sRGB) is a point of no return. 

Understood. I'm sure you will love it and it will inspire you in your photography so best of luck with it. The only point I was making really is that viewing one's images on a matte wide gamut monitor (close to 100% Adobe RGB which is a much bigger colour space than sRGB) is a point of no return. 

That point of no return is exactly my fear!

50Mpix tack sharp from a Canon 5DSR had the same effect on me.

Definitely a point of no return and now in need of the sharpest lenses for this body (that also have to fit a budget).

• 4 weeks later...

My advice is to spend your money on photo shoots and making your craft better.   If editing video on 4K is very important to your market then I might think about it, but if you are a stills shooter, keep on going with what you have and put the money toward a trip somewhere etc.

Archived