Favorite image you have uploaded in April 2016

hdh

Phillippe has so many of my favorites. That one is certainly one of mine. That is a good size for the forum, too. How do you get that, Philippe? I seem to only get the enormous ones or the smallish.

Paulette

What? Even you don't know???? It must be very mysterious then. I get that watermark and Alamy border along the bottom when I copy an image into an email but I don't seem to be able to take that image into the forum. Thanks for the response, anyway.

Paulette

What? Even you don't know???? It must be very mysterious then. I get that watermark and Alamy border along the bottom when I copy an image into an email but I don't seem to be able to take that image into the forum. Thanks for the response, anyway.

Paulette

I click on the image's thumbnail to get its individual page, then click on the medium-sized image there to get the big pop-up, then copy and paste that. The size you get depends on the crop- long side is fixed, I think. Uncropped landscapes come up at 1300x866 on my wide monitor.

archive-image-of-a-woman-drinking-scotch

What method do you use to copy and paste? I use "copy image address" from little menu I get with a right click and I am not getting what you get. I only get that when I can just "copy image" for use in an email. I believe we need the image address to add an image to the forum. If I drag and drop I get the enormous image.

Paulette

I got that to work once but now ctrl-V gives me nothing. Let me try again...

That was weird but I got it. I went through some strange step that I think I got to by pasting over the preview image. Is that possible? Anyway here is........FXET7H  Zebras at dusk in Ethosha, Namibia.

Thanks! I wonder if I can repeat it in future.

Paulette

Edit: When I posted the image disappeared. I give up...

What method do you use to copy and paste? I use "copy image address" from little menu I get with a right click and I am not getting what you get. I only get that when I can just "copy image" for use in an email. I believe we need the image address to add an image to the forum. If I drag and drop I get the enormous image.

Paulette

Just right-click "copy image", not image location.

Then ctrl-V in the forum window.

I got that to work once but now ctrl-V gives me nothing. Let me try again...

That was weird but I got it. I went through some strange step that I think I got to by pasting over the preview image. Is that possible? Anyway here is........FXET7H  Zebras at dusk in Ethosha, Namibia.

Thanks! I wonder if I can repeat it in future.

Paulette

Edit: When I posted the image disappeared. I give up...

I just drag and drop with the mouse (and also the bigger pop up image from the individual image page),

works for me like a charm. 

view-from-the-beara-way-above-the-villag

Early morning over Allihies, West Cork, Ireland, looking towards America. Many of my ancestors worked as miners in the copper mines here in the 19th century (old Cornish-style engine house on left and rocks are veined with copper minerals) before the mines closed and many miners made the long journey across the ocean to mine in places such as Butte, Montana. I always think of these people and the incredibly hard lives they lived when I stand in these places taking pictures.

Archived