Favorite image you have uploaded in April 2016

hdh

Blue ice mixed with volcanic ash in ice cavern inside Breidamerkurjokull, outlet glacier of Vatnajökull / Vatna Glacier on Iceland 

© Arterra Picture Library / Arndt Sven-Erik

Hooked Northern pike (Esox lucius) in lake caught with lure on a fishing line

Icelandic horse (Equus ferus caballus / Equus Scandinavicus) close up portrait in heavy winter coat on Iceland

Cheers,

Philippe

wow, as most of your pictures - I really enjoy browsing through your portfolio for inspiration. 

What caught my attention this time, is that polar bear guard.

I really like that he seems to shoot with a Canon first :D

The Carpenters Arms pub, Cheshire St, London East End, famously known as a gangland pub when bought by the Kray twins in the 1960s

Kumar

I feel like I want to go there for a pint now... great picture!

Excactly what I thought. Next time in London.  

Nice pictures, but your owl is certainly not a barn owl  ;) Barn owls have plain white facial disks.

Cheers,

Philippe

thank you Philippe. The sign in the park said in German "Schleiereule" which translated to barn owl. 

Just saw now that it also translates to screech owl, but am not sure if it is that either. 

would you (or anyone else know the species of this owl (same on but not shaking her head):

barn-owl-tyto-alba-greifvogelstation-gut

thank you very much Philippe, indeed it looks like that. 

Also learned that - take a photo of the sign first and then the animal or plant does not always produce correct results. 

they had owls sitting outside and suppose someone may have mixed up the signs :(

will change first thing tonight.

dead-camelthorn-trees-acacia-erioloba-in

FXET7C   Dead Camelthorn Trees in the salt pan of Dead Vlei, Namib Naukluft Desert, Namibia

solitary-wild-adult-grizzly-bear-ursus-a

FXET89  Grizzly Bear eating sedge grass in Lake Clark National Park, Alaska

cute-orphan-baby-elephant-loxodonta-afri

FXET9T   Baby Elephant taking a dust bath at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi, Kenya

Paulette

Archived