Favorite image you have uploaded in April 2016

hdh

Starting with a digitally altered image for April fools day :)

(NB: actually uploaded in March QC passed yesterday, first online this morning, so I define this an april upload ;) )

Three toilets, lens flare, Westenschouwen, Netherlands

middle door digitally altered to read "To Let", unaltered image: FTJ512

three-toilets-lens-flare-westenschouwen-

Edit: added link to unaltered image

Kelp, Bruny Island, off Tasmania, Australia

kelp-seaweeds-adventure-bay-bruny-island

Low Tide, Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania, Australia

low-tide-near-sorrell-tasman-peninsula-t

Sunrise at Tessellated Pavement, Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania, Australia

tessellated-pavement-eaglehawk-neck-tasm

Reflection of trees in a large puddle with bubbles 

This looks great. I was trying to do the same thing myself yesterday, but just couldn't frame it right. The fact that people kept walking past giving me the "Why is that fat bloke taking a photo of a puddle" look, didn't really help.  :)

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff, 

I only use fixed focal length and was actually standing in the puddle and took 4 pictures to get this one. 

May also be I used manual focus, but I do not remember. 

It also helps to thinking upside down.

I believe they look better when flipped: 

Not the same shot but same scenery, first is turned upside down, the second is not: 

reflection-of-trees-in-pond-photo-turned          reflection-of-trees-in-pond-fb51bm.jpg

Thanks Geoff, 

I only use fixed focal length and was actually standing in the puddle and took 4 pictures to get this one. 

May also be I used manual focus, but I do not remember. 

It also helps to thinking upside down.

I believe they look better when flipped: 

Not the same shot but same scenery, first is turned upside down, the second is not: 

More like a pond from the looks of it, which gives me an idea actually. I've found before that in the right light, using a polarising filter can bring out reflections in water very nicely. I rarely use my polariser but should do more.

Thanks for the tips. It's always good to look through other people's shots in this thread to get inspiration.  :)

Geoff.

Correct, second shot was a pond not a puddle. 

No polarising filter involved, I do not use them at all. 

Edit: same scenery was regarding the two additional photos from the pond, the puddle was somewhere else. 

Also, I give a sh**e about what people think; For a Citroen DS shot I I once laid down flat on the pavement - must have looked funny to passers by. 

Fitting that I follow up with Hillary's competition Bernie Sanders -well at least a campaign sign for him.

bunnies-for-bernie-a-campaign-sign-for-b

As seen in Washington State in an area where there's lots of wild bunnies seen about.

You don't see "foody" images much on these threads so for personal reasons (I cook for my 80 year old disabled neighbour every day) not only this being a favourite but it's now my screen saver as it was fun to make and REALLY messy to eat!

an-english-pubbar-dish-of-sauted-king-pr

Archived