QC- Don't Panic

If anyone else is biting their nails  my Monday evening submission has just passed. So they can still  take an extra day.

I had actually identified a fault with one so quite relieved, but now I have the slight dilemma of whether to correct and resubmit. What does the panel think?

If anyone else is biting their nails  my Monday evening submission has just passed. So they can still  take an extra day.

I had actually identified a fault with one so quite relieved, but now I have the slight dilemma of whether to correct and resubmit. What does the panel think?

mine is from very early Tuesday morning - guess I am somewhere in the queue after you. 

And yes, I would edit and reupload. 

Delete the image before keywording, that is instant, otherwise you will have to wait a few month for it to disappear. 

Hmmm... tough call. I think it might depend what the "fault" is. A few years ago, I corrected what I considered to be a fault (colour cast) in an image that had passed QC, and it failed the second time, leaving me on the sidelines for a month. I obviously screwed up when I "corrected" the perceived problem and would have been better off leaving well enough alone.

That would be a shame but I think I'm OK- it's a couple of very diffuse dust spots which I noticed just after editing but was hard pressed to find this morning. It could pass for a bit of sky detail but I will probably fix it. There's always the nagging feeling that if they get a second look, especially at a single image, they'll find something else, especially when you've been where I've been.

The A55 has been so good for spots that I'd got a bit complacent. Dust on the pellicle makes a large but faint spot, if it does at all.

Thanks all.

I would think that cloning out dust spots and resubmitting wouldn't cause any problems as long as everything else is OK.

In my case, I must have introduced some softness when I changed the colour balance. Live and learn.

Bonne chance, monsieur 

John, also possible is that image wasn't looked at the first time around but was the second. I wonder if QC has a program that recognizes if a file number has been resubmitted, causing them to look at it.

Isn't it true that all images aren't looked at?

29th here, after 48 hrs I start to worry and review my pictures. 

Only two things I found is a small lens flare, which I believe is adding to the picture, and some birds, for me clearly identifiable as that. 

Both I knew upfront and conciously uploaded. 

Hope I don't get any "detention" for this  :unsure:

I also passed on the 29th and had another early pass after Easter. But don't let all this information about early passes distress you. You have most likely merely ended up in the wrong queue - at least most of you ...

I also passed on the 29th and had another early pass after Easter. But don't let all this information about early passes distress you. You have most likely merely ended up in the wrong queue - at least most of you ...

I hope so.. the longer I wait, the more nervous I get!

The dozen I submitted on the 24th, just passed too. That's a full week, the longest QC has ever taken with me. "All's well that ends well," someone said. 

Other than a slight feeling of stress, I don't find QC taking a week or so to view my stuff to be a problem or unreasonable; it's just not what we are used to. I don't submit News or Stockimo, just stock . . . and stock in every other way moves slower than tai chi.  :)

same here, batch just passed, pfewwww.

Neither do I think 2 days or longer is unreasonable, the QC staff is really doing a great job!

As most of my batches past in 24 hrs, after that time my nervousness starts - could be something is wrong with my upload and i might be placed on the bench for a couple of weeks. . 

Archived