Anyone watch the documentary on Vivian Maier on the BBC last night. I found it fascinating and she was a great street photographer imo.

• Upvote 2

Yes, she was a very gifted photographer, but totally unknown in her life time, she was enigmatic and seemed to be a rather lonely and eccentric figure.

• Upvote 2

Yes the BBC have rather stolen Maloof's thunder.

Apparently he wouldn't co-operate with them because of his own film and they've beaten him to it.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

It's still available on iPlayer for those who can access it (by fair means and foul).

• Upvote 2

Sad that she lost all her work due to lack of money for storage.

Would say its sad it never got published in her lifetime, but we have no idea if she even wanted it published.

Fair or foul I'd suggest viewing it sooner rather than later. Otherwise those if us on this side if the pond may have to wait and hope it eventually makes its way to BBC America ;)

Just viewed all five sections.  A very interesting documentary - this woman invented herself...and she had a passion that she never let die.  That deserves much respect.  I also like the comments by the woman that is researching Maier's past and her comment about the woman being someone that everyone else wants her to be and that's not the case.

I was thinking the same thing last night Jeff, what happens if I get run over by a bus?

There would be nothing in place to sort out what happens to any images (or other things I have onlne).

why not pop down to the local stationary or probably big drug store in US and get the cheap & cheerful do-it-yourself will kit? Lawyers/solicitors hate them and they don't cover complex situations, but they are a hell of a lot better than nothing. DO  NOT PEG OUT INTESTATE! Your assets would dwell in limbo and things like rights, moral & income might perhaps not go where you might have wished. If you have no heirs, then name a charity or two and make life a whole lot easier for those who will inevitably have to sort out the mess.