March Challenge: The Joy of Travel

wiskerke

New closing time:

There's about half a day left.

Because there have been relatively few images (49) posted so far, plus I will not be at home before19:00 anyway on March 31, the new closing time will be March 31, London Time 19:00.

wim

- a tally of challenges until now is over here.

Great topic, but a tough one for me.  Here goes:

Dark rainy day on your visit to the West Coast?  No problem!

senior-couple-walking-on-wickanninish-be

Here's a favourite local spot for international tourists, who seem to be enjoying the gelato.   

tourists-and-locals-enjoying-delicious-i

Spurred on by Wim in another thread, here's a few from me. Entries may be few but the standard is high this month. What I do like about these monthly competitions is how it highlights the gaps in one's collection!

That's it!

wim

Spurred on by Wim in another thread, here's a few from me. Entries may be few but the standard is high this month. What I do like about these monthly competitions is how it highlights the gaps in one's collection!

that hit me in February where I did not have anything appropriate for "The Blue Hour - Dawn and Dusk"

OK, OK. I'm just not sure the joy is visible here but this is what I can come up with...

tourists-viewing-a-herd-of-springbok-ant

DCTNTW   Tourist enjoying a herd of Springbok, Etosha National Park, Namibia

tourists-viewing-a-curious-polar-bear-fr

CE78C7   Polar Bear viewing tourists in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada

tourist-looking-at-please-do-not-touch-s

D75C82  Tourist admiring a stuffed polar bear in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Norway.

Paulette

OK, OK. I'm just not sure the joy is visible here but this is what I can come up with...

D75C82  Tourist admiring a stuffed polar bear in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Norway.

Paulette

Hope it is not one of those street entertainer polar bears just posing for his lunch. :)

Allan

tourists-viewing-a-curious-polar-bear-fr

CE78C7   Polar Bear viewing tourists in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada

Paulette

Pity: no points for the best combination. Together with the comment by Allan they sure made me laugh!

wim

Archived