Milestone of 10,000 images

Currently looking covetously at the new Sony a6300 and can't quite get that Zeiss 16-70 f4 out of my mind. Have to do something to ward off the taxman before the end of the month, but that camera is still way too expensive and the pound is rock bottom ( I hope) presently.

Bryan,

I had the a6000 combo, took it to Iceland, no problems the a6000 is a great camera although i found it a bit small and fiddly after spending most of my years with dslr's,  the Zeiss 16-35 f/4 is also great, so if and when you bite the bullet for the a6300 i am sure you will be happy that you did as i am sure build quality would be the same.

By the way the a6000 Zeiss is durable,  i went for a slide down a shallow cliff then later got it soaked in seawater spray, I mean really soaked, never a problem.

I had the a6000 combo, took it to Iceland, no problems the a6000 is a great camera although i found it a bit small and fiddly after spending most of my years with dslr's,  the Zeiss 16-35 f/4 is also great, so if and when you bite the bullet for the a6300 i am sure you will be happy that you did as i am sure build quality would be the same.

By the way the a6000 Zeiss is durable,  i went for a slide down a shallow cliff then later got it soaked in seawater spray, I mean really soaked, never a problem.

Thanks Paul, I have read mixed reviews of the 16-70 Zeiss, and have been in  constant state of procrastination since it was introduced. Now may be the time. My NEX 6 has proved to be pretty bulletproof, the paint is wearing off but it still soldiers on.

Archived