A very big thank you to the Alamy QC team, a batch uploaded yesterday (Sunday) at about 4pm, was passed this morning (Monday). I received the e-mail at 8.01.

My QC times have been quick for a while now but this one is stellar.

Well done Alamy.

My last two submissions cleared overnight as well. QC must be on warp drive.

Not mine either Philippe. Either QC are very busy or the little Sony has given me my first failure in a long time.

Mine have been lightening quick recently too, very impressed.

The response time has been brilliant lately - but with that comes the even earlier onset of paranoia about a possible failure! :wacko:

Graham

Edited by Graham

You are so right Graham. Anything borderline and my film scans go elsewhere for fear of red and naughty step. Not sure this aids creativity, although I have noticed a more relaxed attitude to submissions recently with, as it seems to me, photos of a more diverse nature appearing. I believe this will give the buyer a greater choice and keep them coming back for imagery not available elsewhere. Doesn't stop my paranoia though.

You are so right Graham. Anything borderline and my film scans go elsewhere for fear of red and naughty step. Not sure this aids creativity, although I have noticed a more relaxed attitude to submissions recently with, as it seems to me, photos of a more diverse nature appearing. I believe this will give the buyer a greater choice and keep them coming back for imagery not available elsewhere. Doesn't stop my paranoia though.

We have some who say here often that QC has raised the bar, but this is the first time I've noticed someone saying they've lowered it. I see no evidence of either.

dd

Edited by dustydingo

I wasn't referring to either raising or lowering the bar dd, just my perceived change in perspective.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't referring to either raising or lowering the bar dd, just my perceived change in perspective.

Sorry Joe, when I read "a more relaxed attitude to submissions", I read "lowering the bar" :-)

dd

dd

That's ok dd.

Perhaps I could have expressed myself more clearly

Edited by Joe Gaul

Saturday's uploads just passed QC at 8am this morning. Must be doing a Sunday shift. Thank you QC team.

Regards

Craig 

• Upvote 1

Same as Craig. Thanks QC, particularly as there was a processing error on one image on FTP upload and now all sorted.

Jim. :) 

• Upvote 1

Uploaded late last night and passed QC by 9 this morning, well done QC (Must be having three shredded wheat for breakfast :D

• Upvote 1

I uploaded at 11.00 am my time (04.00 UK) and 5 hours later I'm keywording!

Fantastic.

Anybody else waiting with the batch from Saturady (19th)? My images were awating QC, after there was some "processing" problem for people and it came back to awating QC now... Did the last "processing" problem elongate your waiting?

Yup, no worries, just don't like when my work is stuck ;)

Thanks for info :)

I uploaded a small batch yesterday that hasn't cleared yet (fingers and toes crossed). Can't say that I'm in a big rush, though.

Mondays must be very hectic for QC, especially with what appears to be a lot of new contributors.

And it looks like there will be even more coming... (500px case).

Though I bypassed QC I was happy to see my photos of our spring snowstorm here in New York up on Live News early this afternoon less than an hour after I uploaded. I had been having processing problems uploading to Live News and this batch went through quickly on the first try. The snow is already gone but it looked lovely if odd to see it on flowering trees.

Edited by Marianne

Still waiting for uploads from Friday to go through. One batch Friday morning went through in a few hours, Friday afternoon........

I've a couple of batches waiting since the weekend, good to know I'm not alone!

Same with me. I uploaded a batch last Saturday which is still waiting to clear QC. Strangely, I uploaded a batch the previous weekend which took until Thursday to clear QC. Hope it doesn't take as long again otherwise I will try and avoid uploading at weekends.

Jim. ;) 

I also uploaded on Friday the 18th and am awaiting QC. Seems like I'm in good company so hopefully we aren't all going to be crowding on to the naughty step ;)

same here, neither the batch from Friday nor the one I uploaded monday morning before office time cleared QC yet