Even the Guardian web rate has dropped 40% during 2015. The licence is also more generous now.

70% since 2009.

Still, it hasn't cost me anything to maintain the image that keeps selling. It's definitely paid for the pint in question.

I can see why the Alamy rates have been squeezed lower...    ..Like the rest of the newspaper industry, hard times for the Guardian at present (redundancy for staff, Goods Shed near King's Cross project on hold).

This from their opposites

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/12081243/The-Guardian-considers-abandoning-multimillion-pound-events-shed-amid-cost-cuts.html

Many Alamy pics are used in the Guardian.

I should have posted about my lack of sales sooner. Two sales, $60 each, will drop in tomorrow.

I'll report my lack of sales then Betty. 

Dry so far for me this month, but a bird pooped on my wife today, then ten mins later another one did it, so she says she will buy a lottery ticket.

<sarcasm>

Hope you took a picture of the event, it may sell ;) 

</sarcasm>

A record low for me: CW4B2H  Italian website, any size, until 2020 ...............$2.12. That's about 90p for me, and follows two previous sales for $5.12.

Still, got some fairly good sales last year so I live in hope!

Happy New Year to you all.

Patrick

hey guys ... is there still room on that 5.75-Bench :huh:????

Yep, We moved to a big hangar where they used to assemble jumbo jets. But hurry, even here it's becoming very busy. 

Cheers,

Philippe

have the feeling we need to move into a superbowl arena soon

hey guys ... is there still room on that 5.75-Bench :huh:????

Yep, We moved to a big hangar where they used to assemble jumbo jets. But hurry, even here it's becoming very busy. 

Cheers,

Philippe

have the feeling we need to move into a superbowl arena soon

How about one of those disused airfields they used to bury cattle during the foot and mouth epidemic?

I should have posted about my lack of sales sooner. Two sales, $60 each, will drop in tomorrow.

I'll report my lack of sales then Betty. 

Dry so far for me this month, but a bird pooped on my wife today, then ten mins later another one did it, so she says she will buy a lottery ticket.

<sarcasm>

Hope you took a picture of the event, it may sell ;)

</sarcasm>

I didn't shoot the poop, but my first january sale dropped in for $36.22 for an 1/8th page, and it was from the same place where the bird lives.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I had my first sale on 4th January - and it was one of those $180 ones, full page - hopefully it won't morph into something less!

And another (not as much, but a useful amount) since!  That makes it a good month for me.

Still on zero all time sales, but I'm only new so I'm guessing this will pick up.. :D

Don't get disheartened if you don't get a sale quickly after starting. I waited quite a while for mine. There's often a time lag between usage and it being reported on 'My Alamy'.  Sales improve your Alamy Rank so when they start happening, it should push your images further up the search results thus helping future sales.  I think ranking gets adjusted every hundred days.

Still on zero all time sales, but I'm only new so I'm guessing this will pick up.. :D

Don't get disheartened if you don't get a sale quickly after starting. I waited quite a while for mine. There's often a time lag between usage and it being reported on 'My Alamy'.  Sales improve your Alamy Rank so when they start happening, it should push your images further up the search results thus helping future sales.  I think ranking gets adjusted every hundred days.

Thanks for the encouraging comments.  I kind of thought it would take a while to get my first sale, but I was hoping I'd have sold something at this stage.  No worries, I'll just keep to my target of 100 images per month and hopefully I'll sell something soon.

Archived