Sign in to follow this  

I now have the 18-105 lens added to the 18-55 and 18-70, and just wonder what others think of these normal zooms.  The 18-105 and 18-55 have VR and I am sure that would help in low light and slow shutter speeds.  The 18-70 came with my old D70, but many people have good things to say about them.  I use a D90 body with D200 as backup.

They think the 18-105mm is good enough to bundle with the D7100, and indeed, I found it sharp enough even on 24 megapixels. So with the bodies you mention it should be fine. I would not bother with the other two lenses except as a back-up.

David

• Upvote 1

Yes, I too have found the 24-105 to be the best Nikon kit zoom ever, light weight and very good VR. 

I am using the 18-105 lens on my D300 and so far I have 4 images approved by Alamy. Keep the aperture at F8 and you will get very sharp images.

As above, Nikon D300 and the 18-105 is my standard gear. Never had any problem with QC or sharpness.

Thanks for the input I think it will work fine.  I have not had any QC fails with any of the three lenses that I mentioned, but I think the 18-105 will become my normal zoom of choice.  Marvin