Purpose: series of 6-9 images (please use thumbnails ;)which tell a story or cover a specific destination / happening.

Little tip: think a few months ahead to allow magazine editors plenty of time to prepare articles with - hopefully - your pictures, which could relate to an upcoming event or occurrence.

Other months' picture series. See here

Chamonix in winter (France) : the 'Aiguille du Midi', the 'Mer de Glace' (Sea of Ice) glacier and the Ice Cave, skiing and ski touring…

the-aiguille-du-dru-mountain-reached-by-  the-ice-cave-located-in-the-mer-de-glace  the-aiguille-du-midi-above-the-valley-of  ski-touring-at-the-aiguille-du-midi-in-t  the-ice-cave-located-in-the-mer-de-glace

saint-michel-church-in-chamonix-france-d  bar-du-plan-de-laiguille-2317m-reached-b  the-brvent-cable-car-and-the-valley-of-c  panoramic-view-of-the-mont-blanc-mountai

Click on pictures for a larger view, reference numbers and details.

To see more available pictures, click here.

Thanks,

Olivier

Edited by Olivier Parent

Maurienne (Savoy - France) in winter

aiguilles-darves-d3pfwp.jpg  montrond-church-with-the-aiguilles-darve  snowy-slopes-at-albiez-montrond---maurie  snow-cc03cr.jpg  aiguille-de-lepaisseur-near-albiez-montr

saint-sorlin-darves-church---maurienne--  chalet-at-albiez-montrond-d3er5r.jpg  saint-sorlin-darves-d3pfmc.jpg  ski-slope-cc03bm.jpg

Thanks,

Olivier

• Upvote 2

Koh Phi Phi (Thailand)

maya-bay-koh-phi-phi-ley-island-thailand  two-girls-having-fun-at-maya-bay-koh-phi  crab-eating-macaque-macaca-fascicularis-  long-tail-boat-thailand-en9xtb.jpg  long-tail-boats-thailand-en5jn0.jpg

koh-phi-phi-don-island-nui-bay-thailand-  common-myna-or-mynah---acridotheres-tris  maya-bay-koh-phi-phi-ley-island-thailand  koh-phi-phi-don-viewpoint-showing-tonsai

To see more available pictures, click here.

Thanks,

Olivier

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Upvote 1

Impression of traditional catholic pilgrimage, romeria, Virgen del Rosario, Fuengirola, Andalusia, Spain

man-and-woman-on-horses-traditional-cath   spanish-couple-in-traditional-dress-on-h   spanish-man-on-horse-traditional-catholi

young-girl-in-traditional-dress-horserid   horse-carriage-traditional-catholic-pilg   young-girl-in-traditional-dress-horserid

men-and-women-on-horses-traditional-cath   men-on-horses-traditional-catholic-pilgr   spanish-man-on-horse-traditional-catholi

click the images for larger versions and more details.

Thanks,

Perry.

• Upvote 1

I had quite a bit of trouble getting the links to work as they should on my last post. Please let me know if I've done it right or not. It seems to be working ok from my end now, after a lot of editing.

Thanks,

Geoff.

It seems to be working perfectly.

If I may, I would suggest you not to underline text elements that are not links because people may try to click on them thinking they are links.

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Upvote 1

José Antonio Valverde Visitor Centre in nature reserve Fuente de piedra, important inland temporary salt lagoon

in Europe as breeding spot for Greater Flamingo. 

panoramic-view-of-salt-flats-nature-rese 

jos-antonio-valverde-visitor-centre-of-n  jos-antonio-valverde-visitor-centre-of-n  information-board-at-jos-antonio-valverd  jos-antonio-valverde-visitor-centre-of-n

entrance-of-bird-hide-blind-at-nature-re  flamingo-on-nest-model-at-jos-antonio-va  flamingo-model-at-jos-antonio-valverde-v  interior-information-centre-at-jos-anton

click the images for larger versions and more details.

Thanks,

Perry.

The Maldives

maldives--beach-palm-trees-turquoise-lag  oriental-garden-lizard---calotes-versico  maldives--grey-heron---ardea-cinerea---o  maldives--beach-at-biyadhoo-island-by12n  dhoni-traditional-boat-in-the-maldives-a

maldives--royal-island-resort-and-spa-on  horn-eyed-ghost-crab---ocypode-ceratopht  maldives--pontoon-of-royal-island-resort  maldives---velidhu-island---ari-atoll---

To see more available pictures, click here.

Thanks,

Olivier

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Upvote 1

It's almost time to decorate your Mexican Day of the Dead altar. Dia de los Muertos will be here sooner than you think.

C9168K.jpg    C91688.jpg   C4KN7Y.jpg    C916TY.jpg

C4DMEF.jpg    C4KN88.jpg    BEEC55.jpg     C4KN82.jpg

More Mexico Day of the Dead altars here

Edited by John Mitchell

Historic Mystic Seaport, Connecticut

See bellow - I changed browsers and got it to work.

Edited by Marianne

removed

Edited by Marianne

Very nice images of european birds in winter Philippe!

I have noticed that the thumbnail of the pigeon is linked to a different image. 

• Upvote 1

UK Winter Weather Jobs: Postmen, Shop Workers, Road Sweepers, Bus Drivers, Doctors

royal-mail-postman-delivers-mail-in-snow a-royal-mail-postman-continues-his-deliv reading-berkshire-uk-18th-jan-2013--two-

a-reading-borough-council-workman-works- city-bus-on-icy-wintry-road-reading-berk entrance-to-nhs-gp-surgery-reading-berks council-worker-clears-icy-paths-in-snow-

To see more available pictures, click here.

• Upvote 1

Munich Germany 

Part of the Olympic village now student accommodation

olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   

olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte   olympiapark-building-munich-now-converte

Edited by Spark
  • Upvote 1

Durham Cathedral Winter Snow

AN3F6R.jpg   B0RJN2.jpg  B0RJF9.jpg  ATJHAY.jpg  D2GC8F.jpg  F55EDG.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Essential garden maintenance/chores weeding and burning garden rubbish in an incinerator 

weeding-garden-f3hgat.jpg          weeding-garden-f3hgan.jpg     weeding-garden-f3hgar.jpg    burning-garden-rubbish-in-an-incinerator     burning-garden-rubbish-f1ef1n.jpg     burning-garden-rubbish-in-an-incinerator

Edited by Spark

Shipping seen on the North Sea Canal Holland.  (Amsterdam to IJmuiden)

Cruise Liner, Ships,  Barges, Oil Tanker, and a small ferry.

cruise-ship-msc-magnifica-approaching-am   the-cruise-ship-msc-magnifica-arrives-in   a-dutch-barge-navigates-the-north-sea-ca   a-dutch-barge-very-low-in-the-water-eyan   oil-tanker-gulf-north-sea-canal-holland-   dutch-commercial-ships-carrying-cargo-on   dutch-ferry-crossing-north-sea-canal-hol   large-dutch-cargo-ship-or-barge-on-the-n   tugs-towing-and-pushing-large-ship-or-bo       

More images can be seen here

Edited by Spark
  • Upvote 1

Shipping seen on the North Sea Canal Holland.  (Amsterdam to IJmuidum)

Great series from my backyard!

Some nitpicking:

IJmuidum=IJmuiden;

EXDG4J is not derelict, but historic buildings converted into nice condos and apartments.

The name for the whole complex is *Silodam* i.e. silo pier or grain elevator dock. Locally people usually think only the famous modern building (by MVRDV) at the end of the pier is called Silodam.

wim

• Upvote 1

Shipping seen on the North Sea Canal Holland.  (Amsterdam to IJmuidum)

Great series from my backyard!

Some nitpicking:

IJmuidum=IJmuiden;

EXDG4J is not derelict, but historic buildings converted into nice condos and apartments.

The name for the whole complex is *Silodam* i.e. silo pier or grain elevator dock. Locally people usually think only the famous modern building (by MVRDV) at the end of the pier is called Silodam.

wim

Wim 

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to look at my images.

Will make the corrections today.  It's very kind of you to supply a link with the information I need, to start researching these buildings better.

Edited by Spark
  • Upvote 1

The walled city of Dubrovnik

dubrovnik-main-street-stradun-and-the-fr  view-from-the-dubrovnik-walls-on-to-the-  the-large-onofrios-fountain-dubrovnik-cr

st-saviour-church-the-franciscan-monaste  st-blaises-church-dubrovnik-croatia-f4mm  view-of-dubrovnik-from-the-city-walls-cr

A few more pictures from Croatia are HERE

Edited by Shpg
  • Upvote 1

A short walk along the Leeds and Liverpool canal, from Skipton to Bradley.  A beautiful Autumn day, and some scenic views of the Yorkshire Dales.

view-of-leeds-liverpool-canal-north-york   

large-canal-boat-navigates-open-swing-br

view-of-the-yorkshire-dales-from-the-lee

view-along-the-leeds-liverpool-canal-f32painted-arch-of-a-canal-bridge-f32ten.jp

reflections-on-underside-of-bridge-f32te

bridge-182-leeds-liverpool-canal-bradley

More images can be seen here

Edited by Spark

A few weeks ago I was shooting some ballroom dancing and thought some may be good for stock

older-couples-ballroom-dancing-doing-the  older-couples-ballroom-dancing-doing-the  older-couples-ballroom-dancing-doing-the

older-couples-ballroom-dancing-doing-the  older-couples-ballroom-dancing-doing-the

new-york-streets-view-new-york-usa-f52ee    new-york-streets-view-new-york-usa-f52ee   new-york-streets-view-new-york-usa-f52ee

new-york-yellow-cab-getting-a-ticket-new    new-york-yellow-cab-new-york-usa-f52eec.    nypd-police-car-new-york-usa-f52e27.jpg

New York City streets and traffic. More from NYC HERE

Edited by Shpg