STOCKIMO - How to get more photos accepted (not rejected)

Lisa

Congrats Adrian. Maybe I should do a future YouTube video on reflections. I'll head back to the dollar store and pick up some mirrored sunglasses and see if I can take some interesting reflection shots. Let's see... reflections in sunglasses, puddles, skyscrapers, car side mirrors, store windows, make up and lipstick case mirrors, this should be fun!

Window of a Ford Cobra 427

window-of-a-ford-cobra-427-s06peb.jpg

Edited to add an example from my Stockimo collection.

Now just add meaning. Then you'll have a seller.

wim

Are you wondering what format sells best (horizontal, vertical, square, panorama, close up, far away)? I share my results of one photo shoot that has sold 32 times in Episode 10. And don't forget to shoot vertical panoramas for Christmas trees, flag poles, the Washington Monument, Eiffel Tower, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

Your newest video included several tips I didn't know about iPhone 6S+ camera, Lisa.  I just sent the link to several family members who have various iPhone models. Thanks! Ann

I just uploaded a new YouTube video on how to use your iPhone camera. You might want to watch it, just to make sure there isn't a camera feature that you never knew existed.

a-man-uses-an-iphone-to-take-a-photo-of-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

Thanks for passing my iPhone camera tips along to your family, Ann. My own sister discovered that she accidentally had a filter on and only realized it after watching my YouTube video.  :o

My brother wrote to tell me he found your iPhone 6S+ video tutorial useful, and (jokingly, I think) asked if I'm the closed-eye Ann you referred to in part about group/burst photos  :huh:

Thanks for passing my iPhone camera tips along to your family, Ann. My own sister discovered that she accidentally had a filter on and only realized it after watching my YouTube video.  :o

Just got my iPhone 6S Plus today. I bought a temporary case at the Dollar Store, yes for $1. It's not that bad. It is made of clear soft gel. it's not a hard plastic case. It makes it have a nice non-slip grip. It fits really well even though it says it is for a 6 Plus, not 6S Plus. It is called a TechFit TPU Protective Case with drop protection technology "designed to absorb shock and protect your smartphone from scratches, scuffs and dents while providing excellent grip."

Let me know if anyone finds a nice case they recommend. Meanwhile, I'm pretty happy with my $1 bargain for now. But I'll check out the UAG, Martin. Thanks for the tip!

Lisa, I just went with the Apple silicon case for my 6S Plus.  It doesn't add much bulk or weight but most importantly adds grip.  So far happy with the phone and had my first Stockimo photo accepted and it also made the Grid of Greatness.

the-dome-of-st-pauls-cathedral-sandwiche

Hey Adrian, just spotted your photo on the first page of the Stockimo collection. One of mine made it too. High five.

http://www.alamy.com/category/stockimo.html

Just got my iPhone 6S Plus today. I bought a temporary case at the Dollar Store, yes for $1. It's not that bad. It is made of clear soft gel. it's not a hard plastic case. It makes it have a nice non-slip grip. It fits really well even though it says it is for a 6 Plus, not 6S Plus. It is called a TechFit TPU Protective Case with drop protection technology "designed to absorb shock and protect your smartphone from scratches, scuffs and dents while providing excellent grip."

Let me know if anyone finds a nice case they recommend. Meanwhile, I'm pretty happy with my $1 bargain for now. But I'll check out the UAG, Martin. Thanks for the tip!

Lisa, I just went with the Apple silicon case for my 6S Plus.  It doesn't add much bulk or weight but most importantly adds grip.  So far happy with the phone and had my first Stockimo photo accepted and it also made the Grid of Greatness.

the-dome-of-st-pauls-cathedral-sandwiche

Hey Adrian, just spotted your photo on the first page of the Stockimo collection. One of mine made it too. High five.

http://www.alamy.com/category/stockimo.html

Thanks Lisa, it's always nice to see.  I took the photo on a 500px photowalk the other week and it made it to their 'top 50 photos' article on their blog which meant it's had about 30,000 views on 500px. My iphone 6S plus gave my D800 a run for its money that day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought myself a Christmas present on Amazon for under $20. It will make it easier to take photos of myself hands free, which is tricky with a selfie stick. At least I'll always have a model release! 

JOBY Gorillapod Flexible Tripod and a Bonus Universal Smartphone Tripod Mount Adapter works for most Smartphones

My Stockimo selfles..

taking-a-selfie-at-a-joshua-tree-in-the-

indio-california-usa-9th-april-2015-self

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 15 - Best Selling Photographs of 2015

Find out how many photos I have for sale, and how many sold. Want to know what subject matters sell best? Then watch this video.

Your best episode yet!

Maybe I should not give away the crushing blow at the end.

So all I can say is you all have to watch this video.

To some people at Stockimo HQ: watch this one before making your New Year's Resolutions. (Or maybe open up a bottle or two.)

wim

edit: I don't even do Stockimo ;-)

From an interview with Alan Capel...

"Alan Capel, head of content for Alamy, said the average photo is purchased for about $60, but photos occasionally go for thousands of dollars."

"Stockimo said it has about a 50 percent rejection rate. So about half of the photos you upload won’t be used."

“Food, coffee, cats and dogs,” Capel said. “They’re our big ones.”

From Yahoo:

13 paid iPhone apps on sale for free today

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/13-paid-iphone-apps-sale-free-today-160450529.html

Included in the free Apps is SkipBleach, which looks like a fun one...

SkipBleach is an app that allows you to add “Skip Bleach” effect to your iPhone/iPhone touch photos.

You do not need any difficult setting, all you need is just take photo or choose from the photo library, then swipe your finger on the screen. Skip Bleach, a.k.a. Bleach Bypass, Bleach Reduction, ENR, ACE, Sliver Retention or Silver Tint, is the process that result in a distinctive high contrast, harsh, faded look. The technique is often used extensively in motion pictures, such as “Saving Private Ryan”, “Minority Report” and “Fight Club”.

Just uploaded Episode 16 - Photography as an agent for change. One person CAN make a difference. Find your personal cause(s) that you are most passionate about and start submitting iPhone photos to the news to change the world. It only takes one dramatic photo to get an important conversion started.

santa-barbara-california-usa--17-august-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4fn6d9woI

Find out how many photos I have for sale, and how many sold. Want to know what subject matters sell best? Then watch this video.

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-12-13%2Bat%2B8.22.4

Your best episode yet!

Maybe I should not give away the crushing blow at the end.

So all I can say is you all have to watch this video.

To some people at Stockimo HQ: watch this one before making your New Year's Resolutions. (Or maybe open up a bottle or two.)

wim

edit: I don't even do Stockimo ;-)

I agree, your best video yet, especially the ending! Classic!

Like I said earlier on the thread it seems impossible to know what Stockimo want, I only have 55 images on Stockimo & a 2 star rejection is so annoying, but even more annoying is no sales, oh well!

Do you think Alamy rank comes into place?

FYI-

I just ordered one of these. Seems perfect for transferring my iPhone videos shot in 4K on my iPhone 6S Plus to my MacAir laptop. Also should be great when I'm on long trips for an emergency back up, in case my iPhone or iPad ever runs out of space.

SanDisk iXpand 64GB Mobile Flash Drive with Lightning connector For iPhones, iPads & Computers

Easily transfer photos and videos between iPhone, iPad, PCs and Mac Computers

Quickly free up memory on your iPhone and iPad
Works with iPhones and iPads with Lightning connector and iOS 7.1 and higher
Auto sync photos and videos from the camera roll when connected
Watch popular-format videos directly from the drive
Encrypts files across iPhone, iPad, and computers for secure transfer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived