Low view count. Is it the time of year?

Here is a direct quote from the email I had:

"If you wish to have two or more words together as a keyword, you will have to put them in double quotes. Also, if 4 or less keywords are added in between two quotes, these keywords will be displayed together as a phrase."

Michael

Here is a direct quote from the email I had:

"If you wish to have two or more words together as a keyword, you will have to put them in double quotes. Also, if 4 or less keywords are added in between two quotes, these keywords will be displayed together as a phrase."

Michael

That is true in terms of what shows under your image when it is zoomed. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to happen that way in a search from the search page. Or not the way I would like to see it happen. OH WAIT. WAIT. I just tested it with my name and I think they have actually, truly implemented the quotes. Aha. So now those of us who had given it up have our work cut out for us. I've been putting my full name in quotes in my Comprehensive keywords and --..... it used to be that I would still get Paulette Goddard showing up in a search for my name unless I put my name in quotes in the search box. Please, others who have tested this in the past --- give it a try. Now I can search my name without quotes and only my images show up.

Paulette

Well, I DO have lot of phrases in quotes in my keywords. But my next question is: do words put together with quotation marks also each count as an individual keyword? If not, then I probably have some work cut out for me as well.

I must say I don't really understand the implications of having something treated as a phrase. My experiment with my name in quotes tells me that now if I search for it without putting quotes in the search box I only get my images. I no longer get other Paulettes. I have put my name in my Stockimo images but without the quotation marks. If I search for Paulette I get my Stockimo images along with a lot of Paulette Goddard images but not the images that have my full name in quotes. So. It seems the quotation marks are now properly implemented. Why they are treating strings of words as phrases is something I don't understand.

Paulette

Edit: It is not true that only my Stockimo images show up when I just search with Paulette. Eventually, all my images show up. I just hadn't looked far enough down in the pages. So if I search my whole name only my images show up but if I search just Paulette I do get all my images but with Paulette Goddard and other Paulettes. So, yes, Bill the individual words will also serve as search terms.

Archived