Profile Image Upload Problems!

Hey guy's,

This is a small issue probably not worth mentioning, but i've tried several times to upload a image of myself as my profile, and it doesn't seem to work. I've tried several different images, all being over 200px. It says it uploaded the file, but the image preview is still blank, and when I press Done my profile page still has no image.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I'm sure I'm making some obvious mistake here. :)

Josh

This is just a wild guess. Since your number of images only updates if you sign out and then sign in again perhaps that will work for your image. Look forward to seeing you.

Paulette

You need to host the photo on a web-site, then go to My Profile, Overview, Edit my Profile.  Then use the "import a photo from a url" to link to the hosted image. Boom tish!!

dd

Maybe something has changed but I was able to use a photo from my computer. It was not on a website. It's been so long ago that I don't remember how to do it.

Paulette

I hate to mention this, (preaching to the choir and all of that) but has everyone adhered to the specs? Size, JPEG, etc? I've always just uploaded an avatar from my computer. Then you must tick the right box for it to stick.

Under "My Settings". You have two choices.

"Use a custom photo" that's what I do, I just navigate to it on my computer.

"Import from a URL". That would be from a hosting site.

Then tick "Done"

I believe I did have to sign out of the forum and log back in to see the changes. Who knows, maybe I closed out my browser then started from scratch. I do remember it was tricky getting it to show up sometimes.

For some reason, when I recently went to change my pic using the Upload from File, it no longer worked. Discussing this with a handful of others, it seems I'm not the only one to experience this.

However, we found the Upload from URL works. Hence my advice to two contributors who were also apparently experiencing an inability to use the Upload from File function.

dd

The hosting is when you want to include an image in a forum post.

No, not exclusively. You can also host from an url for your avatar . . . as I do . . . when importing from file stopped working.

Hence my advice to OP.

dd

Ditto. You can still upload from file. You don't have to host the image.

It's right there on your profile page.

If you read the first post, you'll see that some can't upload from file--it simply doesn't work . . . some others of us have the same problem. So we do have to use a hosted image, and that's why I recommended the same to the OP.

dd

Maybe something has changed but I was able to use a photo from my computer. It was not on a website. It's been so long ago that I don't remember how to do it.

Paulette

Something has certainly changed for me . . . it may be here at my end of course, but doesn't change the fact that uploading from file no longer works for me (and it appears for others, see above), but uploading from url does.

dd

Thanks, DD.  I was able to upload but only from my LinkedIn profile photo...so a tad more formal and not as fun.  But it worked.  Tried on two different computers to upload, but didn't work.  I'm here now -- with all 19 of my Alamy photos...so far.  ;-)

Denise

Thanks, DD.  I was able to upload but only from my LinkedIn profile photo...so a tad more formal and not as fun.  But it worked.  Tried on two different computers to upload, but didn't work.  I'm here now -- with all 19 of my Alamy photos...so far.  ;-)

Denise

The upload from file would not work for me last time I tried to update my profile pic so I set about finding the solution  . . . ended up finding an alternative instead.

Glad it helped you too :)

dd

Archived