How was your June 2015?

With the recent rerank I dropped a few pages downwards. My CTR is very rarely above average.

No clue how to look as this, as sales keep slowly crawling up. Hope this is not just coincidence.

Anyhow:

8 sales 472 Gross

Lowest: 10.69

Highest: 180 

By this year's standards, June was a good month for me with eight RM sales for $618.

However, half way through 2015, I'm looking at less than one-third of both my total revenue and number of licenses for 2014, which is not so good, even a bit alarming. Snakes and ladders anyone?

I would die for 48 sales in a month Pearl! Same as for Doc with 55! (I could easily develop an inferiority complex at this point! :) But I  would also like to say well done for  sales figures like those! 

Have you also looked at their upload figures! Go to it!

8 for $277, about my average.

Disappointing book cover for $40 (image that has previously sold for $400) but mundane shot taken on dull day made $110, go figure...

Few pinocho's on this thread i think

Not me.....

I don't know what happened but in May, but I was ranked very high....just for one month.  This made my June the best I've ever had at Alamy.

I had 8 images licensed at $911 gross.  Highest $250 and Lowest $15 (for use in an internal powerpoint presentation).

To put that into perspective, I've had 16 images licensed so far this year.  I hope the trend continues, but I realize this is just a fluke.  The positive is I've exceeded total revenue from last year after the first six months.

I don't know what happened but in May, but I was ranked very high....just for one month....

ws8bhd.jpg

I had 8 images licensed at $911 gross. Highest $250 and Lowest $15.

30n7ivk.jpg

To put that into perspective, I've had 16 images licensed so far this year.....

jhc8wn.jpg

They were all RM. 

If you click on the button called "Build A Downloadable Sale Report"

Then filter on a period of time and select date of invoice, you'll find L = RM for some reason.  RF is still displayed as RF.

Off ~20% @ $5640 gross, largest license $250 gross;

Another agency sent me $6200 net, all US textbook licenses...

(included bunch of $625 net per image licenses)

(how it gets $1250 gross per RM image, I don't know)

First month since ~2006 that Alamy is not my "Number One of the Month" agency.

Let's see Alamy get back on top!!!!!

Exclusive or nonexclusive images?

0 for $0

Ha ha, it makes me laugh as I have the same which is nothing, ha ha ha,it sounds so funny but it is not really funny when you are trying to make living on stock photos. It just makes me wonder how anybody is able to upload over 30 0000 images, how is that possible? 

Anyway, it's good that some photographers make money on Alamy, I got discouraged a long time ago and stopped uploading but now, trying to come back. 

Ha ha, it makes me laugh as I have the same which is nothing, ha ha ha,it sounds so funny but it is not really funny when you are trying to make living on stock photos. It just makes me wonder how anybody is able to upload over 30 0000 images, how is that possible?

Not that long ago I was wondering how anyone can submit 1000 files. Today I have almost 3k. If I'll ever do it x10? Doubt it. I lost all my power and motivation to work when I see that my sales (or rather income) didn't change that much since I had 700 files only.

Ps. You have beautiful images!

Arletta et al. Do NOT fall into the quantity trap. It is a non-starter and will completely knock you down as well as having an impact morally through having to keyword it all.

You need quantity AND as an absolute must quality!

> You need quantity AND as an absolute must quality!

Quality+Quantity+Variety+Salability+Keywording

= super-simple mantra-like formula to stock shooting success...

Q-Q-Va-Sa-Key, repeat whilst photo-phoraging:

kew kew vah sakee, kew kew vah sakee, kew kew vah sakee...

Executing it well?  No guarantees!!!!!

Thanks Jeff for adding to my forgotten elements!

Archived