I just read the article, "Copy space - finding it and using it" at http://www.alamy.com/blog/2015/05/copy-space-finding-it-and-using-it on the Alamy Blog page. My question is; if there is space on your photo for Copy Space should you use the words "copy space" in your key words?

Yes. Plus "copyspace" as advised by AlbertSnapper.

dd

Nope, I just did a photographer search on myself, and then: pick next image with copy space; edit that image to add keywords; save changes; go back to where I was in my photographer search; repeat.  Probably about 5-10% of my images.

As a Manage Images v. 1 user, I wouldn't monkey around with batch editing on Alamy.

Wouldn't you just edit your keywords for photos that have space for copy rather than doing it to all your photos?

. . . exactly as the post directly above yours describes . . .

dd

A search brings up nearly a million images so I guess many do.  Currently I don't though as my images are more editorial than marketing

Check next week and probably 2 million

Even if mostly editorial, magazines often have copy over images.

Jill

A search brings up nearly a million images so I guess many do.  Currently I don't though as my images are more editorial than marketing

Check next week and probably 2 million

Even if mostly editorial, magazines often have copy over images.

Jill

Yes, that's true. However, I've started going through my images as Bill suggested. I often include copy space when it's possible to do so, but I never thought about adding the phrase to my keywords (duh).

Make that three million...

I may slip it in from now on, but I don't think I'll be adding it to the existing 5,223. Maybe as they come up for keytweaks.

Is that a new word?

Don't blame you. It's taking me quite a long time. I'm currently on page 91 of 348. Obviously I'm not as speedy as Bill.

I may slip it in from now on, but I don't think I'll be adding it to the existing 5,223. Maybe as they come up for keytweaks.

Is that a new word?

Don't blame you. It's taking me quite a long time. I'm currently on page 91 of 348. Obviously I'm not as speedy as Bill.

I'm not as fast either. But just leaving my images page open in the browser and will do some every day. Shouldn't take too long as only about 15% of images would qualify I think.

Jill

It turned out that only about 4% of my images qualified, to my eyes. So there were stretches I was able to go through quickly. 

And of course, keep the new keywords in the clipboard.

Archived