Talking about QC times and lunchtime, I made my first submission in several months yesterday and, just after I had finished lunch today, I received an email with the dreaded fail word. Now I had checked the images throroughly and I have not failed in 3 years so I was surprised. I was even more surprised when I went to check what had failed and found that there was no rejection reason given for any of the 82 images. I emailed MS and got a rapid response saying they would check it out. WIthin a few more minutes I got another email saying they had made a mistake and the submission should have passed which it duly did a few minutes later. So thanks MS - great service in rectifying things.

The other thing is that QC for me has definitely speeded up - it used to take 2-4 days before, never next day.

Talking about QC times and lunchtime, I made my first submission in several months yesterday and, just after I had finished lunch today, I received an email with the dreaded fail word. Now I had checked the images throroughly and I have not failed in 3 years so I was surprised. I was even more surprised when I went to check what had failed and found that there was no rejection reason given for any of the 82 images. I emailed MS and got a rapid response saying they would check it out. WIthin a few more minutes I got another email saying they had made a mistake and the submission should have passed which it duly did a few minutes later. So thanks MS - great service in rectifying things.

The other thing is that QC for me has definitely speeded up - it used to take 2-4 days before, never next day.

Another way you know it's a mistake is because nowadays you don't get a fail email for 30 days.

Another way you know it's a mistake is because nowadays you don't get a fail email for 30 days.

Yes. Another reason I was surprised to get an apparent fail so quickly.

I had a similar fail/not failed situation some time ago. Alamy are not infallible. :)

Allan

It's a shame we all don't get the fail email right away. That way, we can spend the next 30 days rectifying our mistakes and making as sure as possible we don't repeat those mistakes WHILE we are working on images for when the 30 days are done.

To me, that would be the best way for Alamy to help the photographer not repeat the same mistakes in the following upload. Many people, me included, spend a lot of time inspecting a lot of images during that time out. I'm eager to start a new upload the minute I can. I'd prefer knowing what failed and why ahead of time so those hours of inspection can insure I don't make the same mistake twice, and I can have a new upload ready to go.

The 30 day time out is punishment enough. Not letting us know about the fail, and of what/why, is productive for Alamy in what way?

Betty

I had a similar fail/not failed situation some time ago. Alamy are not infallible. :)

Allan

I wouldn't mind some of those.

Normally I've passed QC next day, but have had a couple of partial fails where their was corruption of the file in uploading. This took a few days where they were trying to retrieve the files before letting me know. Didn't affect my upload status. Had another fail due to 2 too noisy night shots a few uploads ago, next upload was still next day pass. Generally seems very good process.

It's a shame we all don't get the fail email right away. That way, we can spend the next 30 days rectifying our mistakes and making as sure as possible we don't repeat those mistakes WHILE we are working on images for when the 30 days are done.

To me, that would be the best way for Alamy to help the photographer not repeat the same mistakes in the following upload. Many people, me included, spend a lot of time inspecting a lot of images during that time out. I'm eager to start a new upload the minute I can. I'd prefer knowing what failed and why ahead of time so those hours of inspection can insure I don't make the same mistake twice, and I can have a new upload ready to go.

The 30 day time out is punishment enough. Not letting us know about the fail, and of what/why, is productive for Alamy in what way?

Betty

This argument has always made sense to me, Betty.

Archived