Do religious structures like mosques and temples need PR?

But none of my photos of lovely village churches have sold, they very, very rarely get searched and only get views if the village is being searched. No idea why, everything else seems to get views.

My apologies if this is a bit of a tangent and off-topic.. a newbie question.. but how do you know that an image is being searched for and viewed?

I can see in my metrics that I have 4 views.. but have no idea which images were viewed.

From the Front  Page: My Alamy>Alamy Measures>Your Images>"Your Name"> then click any of the search terms down the side.

Michael

RF is not allowed for any temples or shrines in Japan.

Not terribly relevant but hey...

I would say property release needed/not available for these anyway just by assumption, but I'd be interested to know the source of this information ... 

Thanks, David. 

I would say property release needed/not available for these anyway just by assumption, but I'd be interested to know the source of this information ... 

Thanks, David. 

There are a number of competitors who give it as a specific requirement for Japan.  A Google search on "rf for japanese temples" will give you a few relevant references which have been confirmed verbally by some local photographers here in Japan.

Best, Mike.

Thanks, David. 

There are a number of competitors who give it as a specific requirement for Japan.  A Google search on "rf for japanese temples" will give you a few relevant references which have been confirmed verbally by some local photographers here in Japan.

Best, Mike.

Thanks for clarifying, Mike. I'm guessing that at least for Buddhism it's just a general assumption; hard to see a general decree coming from all Buddhist sects in the country. Better to be safe and assume PR is needed, anyway. 

Thanks, David. 

Best, Mike.

Thanks for clarifying, Mike. I'm guessing that at least for Buddhism it's just a general assumption; hard to see a general decree coming from all Buddhist sects in the country. Better to be safe and assume PR is needed, anyway. 

Only nit picking a bit but Buddhists have shrines, while temples relate to Shinto. Not sure that really matters but hey!

Actually, the other way round - jinja is usually translated as 'shrine' and ji or dera as 'temple'. In Tokyo, think (dare I mention it) Yasukuni Jinja = Yasukuni Shrine, and Senso-ji is often called Senso-ji Temple in English language guides ;-). 

Nitpicking perhaps, but useful for keeping keywording and captioning accurate. 

PS interesting photoblog you have, Mike. 

Actually, the other way round - jinja is usually translated as 'shrine' and ji or dera as 'temple'. In Tokyo, think (dare I mention it) Yasukuni Jinja = Yasukuni Shrine, and Senso-ji is often called Senso-ji Temple in English language guides ;-). 

Nitpicking perhaps, but useful for keeping keywording and captioning accurate. 

PS interesting photoblog you have, Mike. 

Well spotted - typical mistyping when doing a correction! Yes, Shinto = shrine (Ji). Bhudism = temple (Jinja).

Thanks re the blog - bit of a mishmash though. Some bits for friends and family and other bits for my photography.

Archived