MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

Your secondary editorial has given me secondary pleasure. If that doesn't sound too weird! :huh:

On August 24th I had 4 sales, each at $100/50  (gross/net) for a total of $400/200.  Not a bad day by my standards.   All were birds -- two very common here and two uncommon but not rare.

The month started off with two sales for 149/74.50 and 175/87.50 so this will be a well above average month for me if no refunds show up.

Robert Shantz

• Upvote 1

A whole month without any PU sales! :)

Gen

• Like 2

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Webby said:

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

I had a sale come in today of an image that was zoomed a week ago. I usually don't see an immediate sale like that. I suspect it was in a lightbox for a while as it didn't seem like the sort of thing that would have been decided so quickly. Anyway, it was a nice price at just under $100.

Paulette

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

Thanks Martin.

Its a pretty small, unique pseudo languishing around page 19 at the moment. My other two main pseudo's are already on the first page. :)

Webby

• Like 1

Woke up to find a $250 book sale. I thought they went extinct.

• Upvote 2

I checked my phone this morning bleary eyed to see a near $100 sale fall in, had to double check on the computer with a cup of coffee. National non UK newspaper for 1 day which I will be keeping an eye out for.

I only uploaded the image a few weeks ago but it's probably the only one I can find on Alamy of it.

I will say this, processing photos certainly leads you round the Internet researching places/buildings/animals/birds but it's worth it for the tags and captions.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JamesH said:

I will say this, processing photos certainly leads you round the Internet researching places/buildings/animals/birds but it's worth it for the tags and captions.

Since joining Alamy a couple of years ago, my use of both Wikipedia and Google Maps has increased considerably!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Since joining Alamy a couple of years ago, my use of both Wikipedia and Google Maps has increased considerably!

Yes, I always seem to have a few wikipedia tabs open but I find it interesting researching and it usually leads to something else, either by related links or the 10w light bulb in my head turns on to photograph something I hadn't thought of.

I've thought for a moment about posting this as I don't want to jinx it, but I've just had a sale drop in for $1464.15. I'm dumbfounded, speechless, shocked and stunned. :o

• Upvote 14

11 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

I've thought for a moment about posting this as I don't want to jinx it, but I've just had a sale drop in for $1464.15. I'm dumbfounded, speechless, shocked and stunned. :o

Wow, well done. Can I ask what kind of sale that was as I didn't realise it was still possible to achieve such? 

13 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

That's wonderful. Thanks for letting us know. I had one for $1000 and it sure made me happy.

Paulette

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Wow, well done. Can I ask what kind of sale that was as I didn't realise it was still possible to achieve such? 

I won't know that info until tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

I won't know that info until tomorrow. 

You do if you download the sales report.

Super well done! I never had one approaching that sum. Nowhere near. 

Gen

Two book sales came in yesterday for $62.57 each of details of Victoria Railway station. It's often stated that zooms aren't a good indication of sales, but these were zoomed some time ago which I find is quite common for book sales. I don't think I've had any book sales that weren't zoomed so if you're getting zooms then that's my offering for thinking positive

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Thats excellent news! Congratulations!!

Kumar (the Doc one)

36 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Brilliant, I've had 3 over $1000 dollars in the past and it's a brilliant feeling, well done!  Sadly just checked my sales and last one is $8!!