Post your positive results here :)

On 12/08/2017 at 03:36, John Mitchell said:

A $250 book sale popped up today. Encouraging to see. Thanks, Alamy.

Well done John, good to know that they still exist!

I've joined the party with a $195 sale today, don't know the end use as yet. Have to say that my aesthetic sense must be dubious because it's not an image I rate, so doubly well done the sales team!

Actually several of my 3 fig sales have been of images that I don't particularly like, and might have been in two minds about at the upload stage. Perhaps I need to go on a course on aesthetic awareness.....

12 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Well done John, good to know that they still exist!

I've joined the party with a $195 sale today, don't know the end use as yet. Have to say that my aesthetic sense must be dubious because it's not an image I rate, so doubly well done the sales team!

Actually several of my 3 fig sales have been of images that I don't particularly like, and might have been in two minds about at the upload stage. Perhaps I need to go on a course on aesthetic awareness.....

Congratulations. Generally speaking, if I like one of my images, I know that it will probably never license.

Moral of story: if you dislike an image, upload it right away. B)

Excellent day today with 2 sales each for $330 gross, 2 each for $80 gross and 1 for $60 gross - none via distributors 

Best income day on Alamy for a few years! Hope for all!

Kumar

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Excellent day today with 2 sales each for $330 gross, 2 each for $80 gross and 1 for $60 gross - none via distributors 

Kumar

Very encouraging Doc, especially set against the tales of woe elsewhere!

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Kumar

Brilliant Doc well done !

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Kumar

Oh to have a month like that never mind a day! Congratualtions!

Kevin

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

More sales of my Pippa pics this morning - 4 for $30 gross each.  Times are good!

Will you stop it! ;) :D

You may as well scrap your other images and start trailing the popular royals!

Seriously, well done. Pleased for you. 

16 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Will you stop it! ;) :D

You may as well scrap your other images and start trailing the popular royals!

Seriously, well done. Pleased for you. 

I can't believe how almost viral these pictures have gone - and to think I nearly didn't shoot her.  Glad I did!  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, arterra said:

You struck gold :D

Well done!

Cheers,

Philippe

So many sales from the pics, thanks muchly!

Hi, first post here. Not sure if it's very positive but I'm getting better results every year, despite my small number of images, which is finally getting me a bit more interested in stock photography. Thing is, my type of photography is not much typical "stock" I imagine, and I only work with Rights Managed. Perhaps I should change to Royalty Free for the more common images? Not sure though...

My earnings so far this year are $1.137 gross.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:40, Colblimp said:

- and to think I nearly didn't shoot her.  Glad I did!  Thanks.

Careful with that. You'll get a couple of blacked-out 4x4s screaming to a halt outside your house with comments like that.

I have to thank the royals for being probably my second most popular selling subject after aircraft, but nothing like your values sadly. 

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Careful with that. You'll get a couple of blacked-out 4x4s screaming to a halt outside your house with comments like that.

I have to thank the royals for being probably my second most popular selling subject after aircraft, but nothing like your values sadly. 

Hahaha, good call.  You've got me nervous now!

I'm stunned at the values my pics of Pippa are getting, she's just popular at the moment.  I've waited years for 'the' pics - I guess I now have them.  Lucky me!

9 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Hahaha, good call.  You've got me nervous now!

I'm stunned at the values my pics of Pippa are getting, she's just popular at the moment.  I've waited years for 'the' pics - I guess I now have them.  Lucky me!

She's been popular ever since men saw her at Kate's wedding. In fact she almost outshone her on that day.

Just now, Sultanpepa said:

She's been popular ever since men saw her at Kate's wedding. In fact she almost outshone her on that day.

How could she not be popular after wearing 'that' dress?!  Although she has admitted since it was a tad too tight. :D:wub:

17 hours ago, Octavio Campos Salles said:

Hi, first post here. Not sure if it's very positive but I'm getting better results every year, despite my small number of images, which is finally getting me a bit more interested in stock photography. Thing is, my type of photography is not much typical "stock" I imagine, and I only work with Rights Managed. Perhaps I should change to Royalty Free for the more common images? Not sure though...

My earnings so far this year are $1.137 gross.

Wonderful images. You have some amazing jaguar shots. Keep up the good work! I don't really know much about RF. I have stuck with RM for my images too. I would suggest putting the scientific names of animals in the caption as well as the keywords. People do search by scientific names and I think having it in both places does help your position. Also I suggest putting both singular and plurals in your keywords. Someone looking for one jaguar might actually search using "jaguars".

Paulette

10 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Wonderful images. You have some amazing jaguar shots. Keep up the good work! I don't really know much about RF. I have stuck with RM for my images too. I would suggest putting the scientific names of animals in the caption as well as the keywords. People do search by scientific names and I think having it in both places does help your position. Also I suggest putting both singular and plurals in your keywords. Someone looking for one jaguar might actually search using "jaguars".

Paulette

Thank you! Yes I do forget to use plurals. Need to go through my images to improve the keywording

3 hours ago, GS-Images said:

For the number of images you have, you're doing incredibly well. Looking at your portfolio, I can see why! You have some stunning images there. Keep doing what you're doing as you're certainly doing better than most of us for the number of photos you have.

RF and RM are pretty similar these days as the RM license often has RF-like terms. If I were you I'd use RM. Others may disagree and I'm no expert on which is really the best option. I tend to stick to RM mostly but have been trying RF on some, just to see if it makes a difference to sales.

Geoff.

Thank you! Yeah I'll just stick with RM. Never liked the idea of RF anyway.

Archived