Post your positive results here :)

Up until 9 days ago I couldn't complain about the value of my sales.There were one or two low ones but my average sale based on three years of sales is $100.

I’ve had two sales in 9 days which normally would make me very happy but the first was for $1.41 gross to India and the second one today is an RM distributor sale for $4.15 that nets me just $1.24. That means I'm netting $1.94 for two sales. I don't mind taking one for the team once in a while but there are no good sales to offset these. Is this the new normal?

Information for second sale:

Usage: Editorial

Media: Editorial website

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Image Size: Any size

Start: 01 November 2016

End: 01 November 2021

Flat rate per image. Bulk discount

I had two of these yesterday....did not make me happy. But good for the agency, I suppose.

I'm seeing the first bulk deal in December 2012 in my sales history or Summary of items sold. Slightly different description: bulk deal.

The words bulk discount first appear October 2015 in my Summary. So they have been reported for at least that long. They have been around for ever though. Just not reported.

wim

Had this reported late last night:

Usage: Marketing package - Large business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for large companies with more than 10 people.
60 MB
3744 x 5616 pixels
2 MB compressed
Start: 10 December 2016
End: 10 December 2021

$199.99

I'm seeing the first bulk deal in December 2012 in my sales history or Summary of items sold. Slightly different description: bulk deal.

The words bulk discount first appear October 2015 in my Summary. So they have been reported for at least that long. They have been around for ever though. Just not reported.

wim

Thank you Wim, I hope these low sales are just an occasional anomaly and not the norm.

Can I assume they have nothing to do with Novel Use?

wim

Thank you Wim, I hope these low sales are just an occasional anomaly and not the norm.

Can I assume they have nothing to do with Novel Use?

They should not be part of Novel Use. I got two of those bulk sales and I have never opted in to Novel Use.

My gross income just doubled my 2016 figures

Sales have also doubled last years numbers too  :)

Now that is positive news, congrats to you :) Can you say if you had many distributor sales are included in that gross? Ans roughly how many images you added this year?

My gross income just doubled my 2016 figures

Sales have also doubled last years numbers too  :)

Now that is positive news, congrats to you :) Can you say if you had many distributor sales are included in that gross? Ans roughly how many images you added this year?

Added approx 1,000 new photographs

3% were distributor sales.

My time should allow me a minimum 1,000 - 2,000 more per year.

Hopefully, this is not a mistake! My best sale ever on Alamy, $ 278.96 gross  :) 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 26 January 2017
End: 26 January 2022
Duration: 3 years ; Distribution: World English Language (excl. USA) and including Canada.

I got a sale of $135 this month for the front cover of a travel guidebook, coming through a distributor with the notation "Quantity discount."

After a dry spell, I'd have been happy with any sale at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Success in this instance is, I'm afraid, not due to your fabulous photography, or indeed your photoshop skills Geoff.

It's simply down to the fact you've managed to capture a Southern Railways train actually moving along the rails, as opposed to sitting in a depot waiting for the strike to end.

Reckon this one will sell and sell again!

:D

WH Smiths have produced a Spitfire aircraft calendar for 2017 including four of my images. One of them is repeated for the cover, but they've compressed the starboard wing to allow for the title such that I don't think it would fly too well!

Late Xmas present popped in today , a $400+ text book sale. Thank you Alamy sales team! Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious New Year.  :)

Hoping not to see a refund or resale for half the price any time soon.....   :mellow:

Archived