Post your positive results here :)

I busted two bogus Personal Use  :)

Well done!!!!

How did you track then down?

I found one through Google Images (a cover music CD).

The other one was so sneaky that it has no place in a "positive thread". Clue: the client contacted me directly through my website asking for a bigger size after purchasing a PU from Alamy)  :o

After few email exchanges with CR, my sale in June ($300) cleared today. I will get my first payment ever in November!!

In addition a small sale came yesterday ($11.88). It is my 3rd sale this year and also my third sale since I joined Alamy in 2014!

Thank you Alamy!

Yesterday I surpassed my best ever year (2013) for volume of sales on Alamy BUT for only 50% of the gross income.  Not sure whether that is a positive or a negative result.

Pearl

I just had my first zoom today! Hope it leads to a sale  :)

Congratulations. I bet there are buyers who are going to be delighted to find images done by someone so knowledgable.

Paulette

I can tell the same. For me the best month ever. Alamy keeps me suprising. Today i got a 150 dollar sale for a very straight forward photo. It is an image of a sidewalk with some weeds growth. Basically an image that everyone can take. An image that i never sold on any microstock agency. Similar good sale i got from a Polish supermarket that is only located in Poland. I guess Arletta knows it very well......Biedronka. Nice to see that Polish subjects are also well selling.

Mirco

I just had my first zoom today! Hope it leads to a sale  :)

Congratulations. I bet there are buyers who are going to be delighted to find images done by someone so knowledgable.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette!  :)

Yes Mirco, I know Biedronka shops but I don't buy there, I prefer to support local farmers at the bazaar if it's about food (no comparison in quality between massive shop vs fresh farmer's products). For other products there are better shops with much better variety and prices than Biedronka ;)

And back to Alamy - lately I see sales over $100 which is a nice change after last ~ $30-60 sales. I'm also happy to see Polish subjects selling better.

It's only a UK newspaper sale so a very low amount, but I've noticed that an image of mine yesterday in the Telegraph has my pseudo name and Alamy as the credit. I haven't seen that in a newspaper for years, so I hope that continues. I've noticed lately that credits on images from other agencies seem to show the actual photographer too on various UK newspaper websites. I think this is very positive and I hope all newspapers and other clients soon start crediting properly.

Now they just have to learn to always log their uses!   :)

Geoff.

I think the Guardian is probably the best at this, though even they only do it 50% of the time...

Kumar

It's only a UK newspaper sale so a very low amount, but I've noticed that an image of mine yesterday in the Telegraph has my pseudo name and Alamy as the credit. I haven't seen that in a newspaper for years, so I hope that continues. I've noticed lately that credits on images from other agencies seem to show the actual photographer too on various UK newspaper websites. I think this is very positive and I hope all newspapers and other clients soon start crediting properly.

Now they just have to learn to always log their uses!   :)

Geoff.

that is excellent news. I have a pic used by the Telegraph a few years back, without any credit, that has been infringed so many times, it is now totally out of hand - although I am having some good infringement claims settled now. 

Just had 6 sales drop in all at once. Although this is great, all but one are UK newspapers that have not reported the use and I have had to chase. Well done to Alamy for chasing them and doing it quickly.

The 6th was an RF iQ sale of a UK mains socket for $58, which is respectable these days. It always amuses me when I get the largest amounts for the blandest most simple shots that any fool could take - But I'm not complaining.  :)

6 sales for one day is more than I used to get in a whole year! That now makes 12 this month, which I think is 1 more than my record of 11 (I thought my record was 12 but the graph disagrees), and 59 for the year so far compared to 20 in all of 2015. Still some of the day left for more sales too.

Geoff.

Nice one! I suppose the socket image might have been bought by someone outside the UK, so harder to take themselves

Had my 33rd iPhone sale appear on my Stockimo App last night for $150 gross with $75 my share.

Thats excellent going Lisa!

I have given up on Stockimo - after having 1 sale with nearly 300 images on sale.

Then yesterday I had a look at the app for the first time for 4 months and I now have 3 sales altogether - for a sum total of $4.07 - ha ha ha!

I wont be trying very hard with stockimo in the future either

Kumar

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt know that saturday also generate sales...... this is true?

certainly is, I had one last week on saturday :)

Thats great.

Then i can spend also the saturdays with refreshing the invoicing status.....

Reached the $ 5,000 (gross) bar for the first time (with an average sales volume, meaning prices have gone up) and the month isn't even over yet  :)

Thanks Alamy  ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

Oh my, what I'd give to achieve that kind of monthly income from Alamy!

1000 sales 

So after just over ten years with Alamy I've just had my 1000 sale.

​The royalties earned have more than payed off my small mortgage that I took out ten years ago to fix up my new house, thanks Alamy.

For those starting out, I think this way...I don't believe you need tens of thousands of images to get a regular income.

Too many people keep on about the numbers, it's not the quantity it's all about the quality. I don't upload tons of similars, just the best shot from a shoot.

I recall Alan Capel saying you can earn just as much with a tightly edited collection of 200 images as with 2000 of soso quality.

I'm from far the best photographer here, but after 10 years I do know what sells.

I try to keep my small portfolio tightly edited, I only upload if that image has a chance to compete with what's already available.

Tony

Archived