Post your positive results here :)

After a slow couple of months, I had 5 sales drop in this morning. Three of the same subject for a  bimonthly Worldwide Magazine/electronic, print run of 2 million. 2 full page @ $300 each and the front cover @ $600.00. They were natural history subjects, can anyone give me an idea of which magazine this might be please. Sold in USA.

One of the others was $125....so made September very nice for me, thanks Alamy.

After a slow couple of months, I had 5 sales drop in this morning. Three of the same subject for a bimonthly Worldwide Magazine/electronic, print run of 2 million. 2 full page @ $300 and the front cover @ $600.00. They were natural history subjects, can anyone give me an idea of which magazine this might be please. Sold in USA.

British Wildlife Magazine?

National Wildlife?

New Zealand Geographic?

Audubon?

No idea about print runs though.

For newspapers the Wikipedia numbers are usually in the ballpark.

Try google for bi-monthly natural magazine or bi-monthly geographic magazine.

wim

edit: congratulations of course!

After almost three months without a 3 digit license, I had two $149 in a row. One of them is my "best seller", which has been sold 15 times for a total over $2600. I just need a dozen more pictures like that.

After a slow couple of months, I had 5 sales drop in this morning. Three of the same subject for a  bimonthly Worldwide Magazine/electronic, print run of 2 million. 2 full page @ $300 each and the front cover @ $600.00. They were natural history subjects, can anyone give me an idea of which magazine this might be please. Sold in USA.

Congratulations! Great sales.

Kumar

With my portfolio growth I finally have a steady sales. A bit more than one a week. Not very impressive result and rather modest sums of money but I am glad to finally have hundreds of views every day, zooms from time to time and regular sales every month. Going to upload more editorial content. Every editorial shoot tells a story so attracts attention. Congrats to everyone with healthy sales. )

Have been with Alamy 12 years this month.

2016 has seen my 3 best ever months for sale numbers, my 2 best ever months for gross income, and my best ever month for Alamy income.

It can work. Thank you Alamy

Kumar (Doc)

It was nice to get a sale early in the month - it was only $50 but is one I took of Ohio State while visiting my daughter, so it has some sentimental value, I saw it in "Balance of Account" last night. Also licensed two RM images not yet on Alamy directly yesterday of an out of the way little town for editorial web use at good prices to a UK online magazine, and turned in an assignment to a local urban NY magazine with two more RM licenses, so I feel optimistic about traditional RM licensing at the moment and don't often have a day with 5 full-price sales unless I'm working on a large assignment. 

Hope you all don't mind me sharing all this - it was nice to end a good day with an Alamy sale. September was the first month in a long time where I didn't have one so an early in the month sale is encouraging. I find that October and November often end up doubling my stock photo and POD site income for the year so fingers crossed! 

Positivity is the name of the game here Marianne, so great news - long may it continue.

Thanks! Sometimes it's hard to stay positive about the future of stock photography so those good days certainly help! 

Encouraging to see good prices Alex and Abiyoyo. Wish this thread was busier! 

Its Thanksgiving Day here in Canada today

So I guess I should be thankful for a 4 digit sale that just showed up today

Never dreamed of ever getting one that high, but I have to temper my joy until it gets cleared and becomes a "for real" sale

I still kinda dont beleive it - I'm waiting for someone to tell me I've been 'punked'

Never dreamed of ever getting one that high, but I have to temper my joy until it gets cleared and becomes a "for real" sale

I still kinda dont beleive it - I'm waiting for someone to tell me I've been 'punked'

Congrats. :)

Congratulations! Happened to me only once in 8 years here, but a great feeling when it occurred. Mine didn't bounce (yet), hopefully you will also get the cash. Confess I spent mine before the sale cleared, and then continued to worry until it did...

Archived