Post your positive results here :)

Hello fellow photographers.

I know that there is not always easy to make sales but lets for the change be positive. You had a good month? Or you made a high sale? Lets put in this topic all your good results.

New people should be encouraged. :) :)

Mirco

Hmm.  And why do you think I should share that detailed information, Micro? I come up with an idea for a subject; I go out at the best time to shoot it, capture the image . . . and then tell everyone here, my competition, what that subject is that sold?  Don't think so.  :huh:

Ed,

I didn't mean and don't mention we should share the images we sold. It is just about some small numbers to not forget also the archievements besides the slower periods :). No need to add any images, secrets or whatever.......  You have a anyway a great portfolio Ed, you dont need to be afraid for "steelers". 

Mirco

I have a PPL, ( private pilot license).  flying on a commission in the North sea, shooting one giant oil-rig, possibly the biggest in the world. All of a sudden there are these giant whales surfacing beneath us, incredible sights!

I asked my pal to take over and started to shoot like mad. I am far from a wildlife photographer but of all the pics I took in the panic, at least I got a dozen sharp ones, one classic with the giant tale-fin splashing down in the water. 

This happend in February and it was freezing cold and I mean freezing.

The experience alone, well I never forget it!

I have a PPL, ( private pilot license).  flying on a commission in the North sea, shooting one giant oil-rig, possibly the biggest in the world. All of a sudden there are these giant whales surfacing beneath us, incredible sights!

I asked my pal to take over and started to shoot like mad. I am far from a wildlife photographer but of all the pics I took in the panic, at least I got a dozen sharp ones, one classic with the giant tale-fin splashing down in the water. 

This happend in February and it was freezing cold and I mean freezing.

The experience alone, well I never forget it!

Christian, if you can post one, it would be fun to see!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another $180 text book sale. This of an image from my early Alamy days that now I probably wouldn't have uploaded. Dark and of a subject that is saturated, so ya just don't know.

Jill

Just had a sale for $1174 pop up in net revenue!!!

I've taken a screen saver shot of the page as i'm sure it will be refunded tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that it won't!

John.

John,

I remind you your given sentences on other thread. See underlined :)

"1091, so a 27% increase in images over the year but an 87% increase in sales.

I'll probably sell less this year now saying that!

John."

John,

I remind you your given sentences on other thread. See underlined :)

"1091, so a 27% increase in images over the year but an 87% increase in sales.

I'll probably sell less this year now saying that!

John."

True Mirco!

If the sale goes ahead it will almost equal the value of all my 30 sales so far this year!  :)

Ssh!

Don't jinx it.

I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed just in case!

John.

Me too John and of a pic taken on your patch.

I guess yours is a local pic too?

The other times (3) I've hit 4 figures the usage has been Telecoms.

Steven

Steven, yes, it's a local shot, one of only 2 on Alamy and they are both mine!

Good luck to you for taking a pic on my(!) patch - I thought i'd got them all covered!!

John.

I had a (textbook) sale for $250 last month.  This was my highest price since October 2011.  It was an egg frying in a pan.  There are about 1900 images of this subject, but that discerning buyer liked mine.

Alamy often gives me surprises, many of them good.

I have had a few sales between $150 and $300 in the last couple of months and then this morning one for nearly $1200. So things have definitely been looking up and made up for the lower value sales.

Graham 

I have had a few sales between $150 and $300 in the last couple of months and then this morning one for nearly $1200. So things have definitely been looking up and made up for the lower value sales.

Graham 

Great news for sure!

I dont know what is happening but yesterday John reported a four figure sale ...... today Graham and next to that a report on tweeter of a Alamy four figure sale.

Looks like somebody is getting away of his overdue money.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived