Alamy blog - Why we love Microstock

Alamy

I always think that RM market will always exist.

Microstock is good for costumers that just need an image for cheap price. But i can immagine that there are also costumers that needs a more "exclusive" photo for their product. A image that is not so frequently downloaded as Microstock RF. For this clients Alamy is the right place.

Mirco

Yes and no. Yes, people can get a license here that is RM but because Alamy isn't an exclusive agency the image isn't necessarily an "exclusive". Some contributors put their RM work that is here on Alamy with other non-exclusive agencies to try and maximize sales.

Now, if Alamy were to give us an option to show that a particular image on here was on Alamy and only on Alamy then I would agree with your last sentence. It's been asked for in the past but never acted on.

Hello Jools,

Thanks for your reply. Off course an image here will be not exclusive if you choose for RM. Thats why i mentioned "more exclusive". The point is that RM is for a certain time and it will be downloaded several times. A cheap microstock RF has endless use and are downloaded in the hundreds of times and more. 

Microstock exist allready for many many years and still higher priced RM licenses are been sold. If they sell now it means they will always sell.

Mirco

I always think that RM market will always exist.

Microstock is good for costumers that just need an image for cheap price. But i can immagine that there are also costumers that needs a more "exclusive" photo for their product. A image that is not so frequently downloaded as Microstock RF. For this clients Alamy is the right place.

Mirco

Yes and no. Yes, people can get a license here that is RM but because Alamy isn't an exclusive agency the image isn't necessarily an "exclusive". Some contributors put their RM work that is here on Alamy with other non-exclusive agencies to try and maximize sales.

Now, if Alamy were to give us an option to show that a particular image on here was on Alamy and only on Alamy then I would agree with your last sentence. It's been asked for in the past but never acted on.

Hello Jools,

Thanks for your reply. Off course an image here will be not exclusive if you choose for RM. Thats why i mentioned "more exclusive". The point is that RM is for a certain time and it will be downloaded several times. A cheap microstock RF has endless use and are downloaded in the hundreds of times and more. 

Microstock exist allready for many many years and still higher priced RM licenses are been sold. If they sell now it means they will always sell.

Mirco

Mirco - there is a 'Rights Managed - Exclusive' option in Manage Images. Does that not fill that need?

Michael

Archived