How was your January?

Note this!  almost all reporting reasonable sales are portfolios with an editorial overtone!!  this just goes to show that any creative portfolios might as well jump off a cliff. Been like this for many months now. Its no doubt that Alamy is more and more becoming just an editorial outfit and with old, secondary material.

Pity.

Note this! almost all reporting reasonable sales are portfolios with an editorial overtone!! this just goes to show that any creative portfolios might as well jump off a cliff. Been like this for many months now. Its no doubt that Alamy is more and more becoming just an editorial outfit and with old, secondary material.

Pity.

Pity .........???

That's the way, uh-uh, uh-uh, I like it, ah huh, ah huh B)

Cheers,

Philippe

Haha!   man looking at youre port it might as well be a film clip. 50 rhinos barely moving, 50 birds barely moving a feather. hehe, good stuff though :)   but you see what I mean. Now thats what sell. :D 

Note this! almost all reporting reasonable sales are portfolios with an editorial overtone!! this just goes to show that any creative portfolios might as well jump off a cliff. Been like this for many months now. Its no doubt that Alamy is more and more becoming just an editorial outfit and with old, secondary material.

Pity.

Pity .........???

That's the way, uh-uh, uh-uh, I like it, ah huh, ah huh B)Cheers,Philippe

Just managed by mistake to give Arterra a negative mark when I intended to give a positive one and now can't undo it!!!

Shall sort it in due courese! Apologies for banana fingers Phillipe!

Kumar

zero. nada. zilch.       glad to see others making sales.

Forgive me that I dare visit your gallery and write it to you, but what I found is a lot of unrelated keywords, for example here: EEKFKX:

EEKFKX.jpg

beautiful, beauty, color, colour, image, images, joseph, night, nightfall, no, people, scene, scenes, twilight

I know it's not my case but I suggest re-keyword your files and I'm sure it will bring effects in sales :)

Arterra!

You know you're port is perfect for Alamy!  mine is too niched and requires a certain clientel of buyers, buyers Alamy don't have too many of, I know this for a fact. However they do sell like melted butter in sunshine at certain other places.

I should imagine if you do video, filming of the kind of wildlife you do, now that would really sell.

best.

Arterra!

I should imagine if you do video, filming of the kind of wildlife you do, now that would really sell.

best.

Well thank you, sir :) 

I started filming wildlife. Unfortunately, Alamy doesn't except them (yet): "We're still only looking to work with established agencies/collections/individuals who already have a strong collection of motion content."

To be honest, when I look at the Alamy's wildlife videos I can't say I'm very impressed  :mellow: 

Cheers,

Philippe

Well I find that incredible!!  I know places, agencies who welcomes wildlife filming more then anything and earn great revenues as well. Heck I know the BBC etc, even they sometimes buy footage from outside or third parties.

Archived