Alamy stock photos one-day workshop/seminar....

RedSnapper

A quick heads up on something i'm doing in a few months time...

A ONE OFF SEMINAR - HOW TO MAXIMISE SALES THROUGH ALAMY.

Stock imaging and how to sell through Alamy Photo Library – maximise your sales.

Exciting news, for some it has been increasingly difficult to make an impact and reasonable income from stock images, this has become more difficult by the increasing number of digital photographs being made available in the market place, but this is about to change and you can be part of that change!

I have recently discovered someone who has inspired me – he is probably the top contributor and seller in the UK with Alamy – one of the UK’s largest picture agencies.

Keith is a successful freelance news, editorial, arts and features photographer based in Aberystwyth on the west Wales coast.

In a career spanning nearly 35 years he has covered a vast range of stories and events for major national newspapers and magazine in the UK and abroad and has been commissioned by major organisations such as the BBC, the National Trust, the National Lottery, and the Welsh Government. His photographs have been published in hundreds of books and magazines all over the world

As an additional way of earning a living from his work he contributes to a small number of photo agencies and picture agencies in the UK. Since joining Alamy in 2006 he has grossed over $270,000 in image sales, that’s an average in excess of $30,000 a year – enough to buy his house, with the vast majority of those photos made within walking distance of his home in the centre of Aberystwyth!! Having not been abroad since 1987 he makes a virtue of working in a very small local area, and finds new ways of looking and seeing, and finding the commercial potential of everyday situations and activities, and he sells at least one image a day!

I have invited him to lead a 1 day seminar/workshop where he will show examples of his work, talk about what makes a saleable image, how best to get them on Alamy’s site and how to keyword those images. There will be an opportunity for you to take images and have them assessed to see if they fit the ideal for Alamy.

The seminar will be held at the Stratton House Hotel in Cirencester on Saturday 25th April 2015.

Space will be limited so to take full advantage of this seminar and open up the opportunity for you to begin selling more images book your space now.

The seminar fee is £150.00 and will include tea/coffee and a light lunch.

To book call Graham Light on 01793 752671 or email him at consult@abbey-studios.co.uk

www.abbeyphotoschool.co.uk and www.abbey-studios.co.uk

Stock imaging and how to sell through Alamy Photo Library – maximise your sales.

Exciting news, for some it has been increasingly difficult to make an impact and reasonable income from stock images, this has become more difficult by the increasing number of digital photographs being made available in the market place, but this is about to change and you can be part of that change!

I have recently discovered someone who has inspired me – he is probably the top contributor and seller in the UK with Alamy – one of the UK’s largest picture agencies.

Keith is a successful freelance news, editorial, arts and features photographer based in Aberystwyth on the west Wales coast.

In a career spanning nearly 35 years he has covered a vast range of stories and events for major national newspapers and magazine in the UK and abroad and has been commissioned by major organisations such as the BBC, the National Trust, the National Lottery, and the Welsh Government. His photographs have been published in hundreds of books and magazines all over the world

As an additional way of earning a living from his work he contributes to a small number of photo agencies and picture agencies in the UK. Since joining Alamy in 2006 he has grossed over $270,000 in image sales, that’s an average in excess of $30,000 a year – enough to buy his house, with the vast majority of those photos made within walking distance of his home in the centre of Aberystwyth!! Having not been abroad since 1987 he makes a virtue of working in a very small local area, and finds new ways of looking and seeing, and finding the commercial potential of everyday situations and activities, and he sells at least one image a day!

I have invited him to lead a 1 day seminar/workshop where he will show examples of his work, talk about what makes a saleable image, how best to get them on Alamy’s site and how to keyword those images. There will be an opportunity for you to take images and have them assessed to see if they fit the ideal for Alamy.

The seminar will be held at the Stratton House Hotel in Cirencester on Saturday 25th April 2015.

Space will be limited so to take full advantage of this seminar and open up the opportunity for you to begin selling more images book your space now.

To book call Graham Light on 01793 752671 or email him at consult@abbey-studios.co.uk

Why don't you just record it and make it available to view for a fee.You'll reach a lot more people like that.

Why don't you just record it and make it available to view for a fee.You'll reach a lot more people like that.

We don't want too many people to know, do we? ;)

Yes,but even if it was just marked on this forum and other stock forums it could do well.

My mom is in ill health and I'm the caretaker right now,so no long distance trips for me at this time.

Sounds very cool though!

L

I can't go unfortunately but would like to hear what Keith has to say. I have great respect for him in what and how he carries on his business.

In fact he is still following his work ethic by giving this talk as it is another line of income related to photography. (No I am not being nasty or vindictive here.)

Best wishes Keith.

Allan

I'm not sure you can teach drive, determination and dedication. That has to come from within. Keith has it. Most folk (like me I'm afraid to say) don't.

Yes but it's pretty much wasted if you're applying it in the wrong direction in the first place.

Good idea, do it online for a fee.  Will be more accessible for photographers all over. Im from Oslo by the way im new and interested. 

Archived