Thumbnail display

Since the introduction of new homepage of Alamy (of course it could well be coincident), when I do a search on Alamy, a lot of thumbnails do not display.  Even if I refresh the screen, the situation remain similar.

Does anyone experience the same?  I can upload images as usual so my internet connection must be fairly normal.

I find the thumbnails for the initial search are fine but if I click on one then the "same photographer" thumbnails don't build, there is just an image ref.  The were working fine previously, the change is very recent but I can't exactly tie it in with the new homepage.  I have had an Adobe Flash update very recently too so wonder if that might be responsible.

Pearl

Hi Pearl

It sounds that you are experiencing a similar problem.  But in my case, I don't recall I updated Adboe Flash recently.  As I said previously, I upload images ok (though in small batches like 30 ish images at a time), so my internet connection seems fairly normal. 

A few minutes ago, I tried 'london skyline' as keywords.  The first page (90 images) seems ok but the following pages (2 &3) show no thumbnails only image refs appear.  But if I move my cursor to an empty thumbnail, it shows the bigger thumbnail.

It's a real mystery.

Hi Pearl

It sounds that you are experiencing a similar problem.  But in my case, I don't recall I updated Adboe Flash recently.  As I said previously, I upload images ok (though in small batches like 30 ish images at a time), so my internet connection seems fairly normal. 

A few minutes ago, I tried 'london skyline' as keywords.  The first page (90 images) seems ok but the following pages (2 &3) show no thumbnails only image refs appear.  But if I move my cursor to an empty thumbnail, it shows the bigger thumbnail.

It's a real mystery.

Just tried the same search and it works fine for me. I recently updated flash too, so probably not that?

John.

I recently started having the same problem.  When doing a search, or even looking at my own images, the first page is fine, the second page loads a bunch of little question marks instead of thumbnails above each image code number. Usually when I hit the reload button, the thumbnails will appear.

I'm on a Mac and I checked this seems to happen only with Safari, and not with Firefox.

It's not just the thumbnails.

However I only see thumbnail faults in the zoom pages.

Summary of items sold has some serious problems too: 500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

All of Alamy searches: resets every other search to the first one of the session.

My Pseudonym Summary resets to december 2014 every time I try to set it to Jan 1 2014.

When I do get a report for 2014 Jan 1 to Dec 31 and I click on sales to have a proper order from high to low sales, It resets to December 2014.

Sometimes it does work, but when I do get a report for 2014 Jan 1 to Dec 31 and click on sales or zooms to look at the images sold or zoomed I get: Runtime Error Server Error in '/alamysearchhistory' Application.

This has been going on for at least a week since I tried to make some decent reports about 2014.

Usually after about 10 or 20 times trying the same thing, I get somewhere. If everybody else has to do the same I understand why there's smoke coming from the inside of some servers. ;-)

wim

Archived