New home page and categories - am I missing something?

I was hoping Alamy would be really pushing these image

they do, they do...

but the live news page is not how they do it

km

Outside the UK as well

I can see images for American sports and entertainment and large political events, but anything other than that probably doesn't do well except in the UK.   Keith does exceptionally well with his weather photos, but I could take hundreds here and I am sure not one would make iit in the paper. No that Lindsay, Ontario has crazy enough weather to be newsworthy anyway.

I have only put up a few news feed images, with no sales, so don't really have enough to go by. But the papers here seem to get almost all their images from other sources, even the Toronto Star, which is Alamy's distributor for news here in Canada.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found another stock site using the same design as the 'new' Alamy Website design (won't put a link here).  While my initial thoughts on the design were generally positive, the fact that it now appears that this is a template being widely used, by agents a fraction of the size of Alamy, lowers its value tremendously, in my opinion.

Why on Earth Alamy made this decision is beyond me.  Do they no longer feel that they have something different or unique to offer clients?  The impression I get is that the front-end is of limited and diminishing importance, and the message that this sends out is surely little more than "cheap". :(:angry:

I have just found another stock site using the same design as the 'new' Alamy Website design (won't put a link here).  While my initial thoughts on the design were generally positive, the fact that it now appears that this is a template being widely used, by agents a fraction of the size of Alamy, lowers its value tremendously, in my opinion.

Why on Earth Alamy made this decision is beyond me.  Do they no longer feel that they have something different or unique to offer clients?  The impression I get is that the front-end is of limited and diminishing importance, and the message that this sends out is surely little more than "cheap". :(:angry:

Couldn't agree more, nothing unique about the site design at all, and when you get past the landing page it's old and clunky, ie manage submission page etc designed for users with small CRT monitors around 1999.

It's just my opinion, but I use a photo sharing site which was not originally designed to SELL pictures in the commercial world and it's way ahead of Alamy in it's ease of use and features.

Archived