Alamy Rules and My Conduct

ManWay

Hello All,

i know that apparently I have upset some people with my recent comments on 'The Forum'.

Apologies for this if anyone is hurt by my opinions.  I only thought that debate/opinion was what a 'forum' was about. Forgive my ignorance if you will?

In the meantime, ponder upon the response from Alamy to my apparent 'aggression'. 

God bless ya all!

Forum conduct
Alamy

Administrator

• photo-thumb-1.jpg?_r=1368193806
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 313 posts

Sent 7 hours ago

Hi Richard,

We've been monitoring your posts on the forum and we feel that the general tone of many of your recent posts is far too aggressive. We've also had a complaint about a recent post of yours in the thanksgiving thread.

You were banned from the previous version of the Alamy forum for similar reasons and we would not like to have to undertake this course of action again so please take this as your final warning.

Regards

Alamy
fb.jpg twtr.jpg
ManWay

Forum newbie

• photo-thumb-1154.jpg?_r=1385667052
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 74 posts
  • LocationParis France

Sent 6 hours ago

Hello Alamy,

Sorry that you take this opinion of my comment(s) on your forum.

I find the promotion of Nationalistic sentiment on a thread entitled 'Let's talk about pics' grossly offensive. I don't see that my comment was particularly aggressive and in any case was supported by more than several people posting.

If the forum is to have any meaningful use then debate must be allowed. 

Regards

Richard Wayman

www.richardwayman.com

Alamy

Administrator

• photo-thumb-1.jpg?_r=1368193806
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 313 posts

Sent 5 hours ago

Debate is fine, but there is a better way to present it.

The tone of your response in this keywording thread is also not appropriate:

http://discussion.al...ess/#entry55023

There is nothing further to discuss.

Alamy

fb.jpg twtr.jpg

Having pondered for a short time, the responses from Alamy seem fair and to the point. Maybe you should reflect on them instead of publishing them here.

Regards

Craig

Hey Craig,

I'm not disagreeing with you. I have been reflecting upon Alamy's comments.

I posted the conversation (or some of it) in the interests of freedom of speech. 

I totally understand that I have made comments on 'The Forum' which have been deemed 'inappropriate' and I accept that.

As Dylan said, "The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools....."

Best

Richard

www.richardwayman.com

"I don't see that my comment was particularly aggressive and in any case was supported by more than several people posting."

I've just read the thread and I didn't see any supporting you, just a bit of sarcastic humouring by several people.

Thanks 'mickfly' for your opinion.

Great thing is that you were allowed to make it!

One thing though......... i thought that we were supposed to identify ourselves on 'the forum'

I accept, and have apologised for, having been 'unacceptable' in some of my comments. We not all perfect.

Ho hum.......life goes on.

Good luck to ya

Richard

www.richardwayman.com

Having pondered for a short time, the responses from Alamy seem fair and to the point. Maybe you should reflect on them instead of publishing them here.

Regards

Craig

I posted the conversation (or some of it) in the interests of freedom of speech. 

...<snip>

Well, you've actually posted the whole conversation so we're not sure why you're implying that it's been edited down.

Also not sure why you felt the need to post the conversation here at all.

Everything we said still stands.

Alamy

Archived