Wooolf! I mean re-rank.

A light box of the old one is here: old rank

You know what to do to see the new one.

wim

Question or statement??? ^_^

I don't. :(

You mean how to look? Search for BHZ

How to test your own rank? (or play like some here say)

Put BHZ as a keyword in the Essential keywords. In one RM image. (If you have only RF, the outcome is only valid for an RF only search.)

Wait 24 hours until the database has been updated and look where your image has landed in the BHZ search.

For testing reasons people sometimes use more than one image, or vary the place of BHZ. If you do so, please make your testing period as short as possible.

wim

edit: double quotes? That's the second time.

I GIVE UP!!!!!

After six months of conscientious work reviewing my old stuff and creating 25% new stuff, carefully edited, my best pseudonym (my sales etc, very small) has gone from page 13 (of 241) to page 15, my new work a page or two lower and the bulk of my older work (50%) is on the last pages. I use a real search (not BHZ) as a reference and monitor it most weeks; it has been totally stable for last three months since I restuctured my pseudonyms. I don't buy the randomisation argument - it has always been the same images, on the same page (and the ones around it from other contributors only change at rerank)

I suspect the rerank happened last week - my views (and the moving averages) have been falling below my trendline over the last few days. First time since 1 September when I started monitoring closely that they have for a week (other than holidays).

It seems to confirm my concern that if you fall out of a high rank it is effectively impossible to recover. I now need to make a decision; do I continue throwing more effort at my old account, do I start afresh, simply go elsewhere or do something completely different. A new pseudonym does not seem to be enough and probably a new account would not work either as you just start so low in the ranking (and I would lose that 5 year clean QC record).

I AM SERIOUSLY DISHEARTENED.

It seems to confirm my concern that if you fall out of a high rank it is effectively impossible to recover. I now need to make a decision; do I continue throwing more effort at my old account, do I start afresh, simply go elsewhere or do something completely different. A new pseudonym does not seem to be enough and probably a new account would not work either as you just start so low in the ranking (and I would lose that 5 year clean QC record).

Not saying I'm right in this but... If one were to fall low in rank thus views, zooms and sales fall too - but relative to each other those parameters would stay pretty much the same (i.e. your "level")?

Not saying I'm right in this but... If one were to fall low in rank thus views, zooms and sales fall too - but relative to each other those parameters would stay pretty much the same (i.e. your "level")?

My zooms and sales have fallen to such a level that they are too low to be meaningful :(

So I cannot understand anything. What is BHZ?

If I add BHZ to essential keywords for, say, 10 images, shall I then delete BHZ after testing? What if I not delete it? For how long shall I test my rank? One day or one month?

:(

Just add BHZ as the first word in the essential key field of just one image, then leave it there. After 24 hours you can do a search using BHZ (just RM images) to see where your images come in the search, which will give you an approximation of your ranking. Don't take it as gospel, but it gives you a rough guide to your ranking. Alamy say they do a re-rank every 100 days, but the last re-rank was in February this year.

John

If I add BHZ to essential keywords for, say, 10 images, shall I then delete BHZ after testing? What if I not delete it? For how long shall I test my rank? One day or one month?

To test it, you add BHZ to 1 image only. You wait until tomorrow and see on which page your image has landed. After 100 days there is a re-rank and you check if your pseudo has moved up or down. In between these 100 days nothing moves. You can however test other things. Like if your keywording has any influence or if one pseudo is doing better than the other (if you have more than one). The only reason to have bhz in more images in one pseudo, is to see how wide the group is that you are in. It is generally accepted that there are certain bands that have the same score or rank: if you put BHZ in 10 images of one pseudo, they will not all appear next to each other.

So for that 1 image, you usually leave it in as long as you like, most people just leave it in forever. More testing images please as short as possible because it messes up the ranking of people around you. And they may get headaches, especially after drinking ;-)

wim

Just add BHZ as the first word in the essential key field, then leave it there. After 24 hours you can do a search using BHZ (just RM images) to see where your images come in the search, which will give you an approximation of your ranking. Don't take it as gospel, but it gives you a rough guide to your ranking. Alamy say they do a re-rank every 100 days, but the last re-rank was in February this year.

John

Alamy has claimed there has been at least one in May.

wim

Just add BHZ as the first word in the essential key field, then leave it there. After 24 hours you can do a search using BHZ (just RM images) to see where your images come in the search, which will give you an approximation of your ranking. Don't take it as gospel, but it gives you a rough guide to your ranking. Alamy say they do a re-rank every 100 days, but the last re-rank was in February this year.

John

Alamy has claimed there has been at least one in May.

wim

I must have missed that, or I didn't move positions!

John.

In the past six months I've managed to raise my Total CTR from 0.12 to 0.49 (higher than Alamy's) and made several sales yet I've slipped backwards another half a page? I'm now languishing on the bottom of page 20. VERY discouraging to say the least.

Archived