There is hope for those who hate keywording (almost everyone)

One of the searches yesterday was for "Lincoln Cathedral (pt)"  - I've got several on the system, yet only one was returned in the search, so I looked into what I'd typed - seems that in the essential keywords I'd not put Lincoln, as I thought it would be picked up by location - goes to show, no matter what you could get a machine to do for you the blindingly obvious matters.

Martin

www.windmillskies.com

Hi Martin, Alamy dropped the location from the search engine some time ago. At that time we were advised to put location in the remaining searchable panels.

I enter location in the description.

Allan

One of the searches yesterday was for "Lincoln Cathedral (pt)"  - I've got several on the system, yet only one was returned in the search, so I looked into what I'd typed - seems that in the essential keywords I'd not put Lincoln, as I thought it would be picked up by location - goes to show, no matter what you could get a machine to do for you the blindingly obvious matters.

Martin

www.windmillskies.com

Hi Martin, Alamy dropped the location from the search engine some time ago. At that time we were advised to put location in the remaining searchable panels.

Allan

You know that description was dropped from the search engine many years ago ;-)

wim

Martin

www.windmillskies.com

Allan

You know that description was dropped from the search engine many years ago ;-)

wim

Thanks for spotting my deliberate mistake wim. I meant to say "Caption". Also enter location in "Main and Comp" fields.

Allan

If key wording was all done by software we would be unable to differentiate ourselves from our peers. Furthermore buyers may want an image with a particular nuanced interpretation which software is unlikely to pick up on.

I also wash up by hand - I hand it to the dishwasher and hand it to the cupboard when clean. It's a hard life isn't it.

dov

Archived