Happy Birthday Edo?

Happy birthday, Edo, from your friend from the old SIF forum. I will add a 誕生日おめでとう (tanjobi omedeto, happy birthday - or more literally, birthday congratulations) to what Mike said. 

I hope you enjoy the day, nuclear testing aside. 

At the risk of pre-empting Mike, 江戸 (Edo) is the old name for Tokyo, and the 江戸時代 (Edo period) is an important part of Japanese history, when the country was mostly closed to the outside world, and the samurai were prominent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_period

Considering that the samurai were known for their focus and skill, I've long thought it an appropriate name for you, Edo ;-) 

Sure, I remember you well, Mister Hill. How are things going at the forum and downunder? 

And of course I know about the Edo Period and the two million Edo restaurants with bad sushi. 

And dd, this is my last Khmer scarf, and I almost lost it last week. It's one of five I bought and sent to myself in Rome from Saigon. The one I wore in the Nam was longer and a double kit. It's astonishing how many useful things one can do with that scarf in the Tropics. And I always thought the  VC snipers could tell me from CIA because of the scarf and the fact that I didn't wear a helmet.   :)

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. I had a good birthday today, not a lot of fun, but a very good outcome: I spent over 4 hours at my new doctor's office and had several very sophisticated tests done. It seems my heart is healthy and strong, arteries are not clogged, and I have cured my diabetes 2 by completely changing my diet and loosing 45 pounds.  B)

Happy birthday, Edo, from your friend from the old SIF forum. I will add a 誕生日おめでとう (tanjobi omedeto, happy birthday - or more literally, birthday congratulations) to what Mike said. 

I hope you enjoy the day, nuclear testing aside. 

At the risk of pre-empting Mike, 江戸 (Edo) is the old name for Tokyo, and the 江戸時代 (Edo period) is an important part of Japanese history, when the country was mostly closed to the outside world, and the samurai were prominent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_period

Considering that the samurai were known for their focus and skill, I've long thought it an appropriate name for you, Edo ;-) 

Sure, I remember you well, Mister Hill. How are things going at the forum and downunder? 

... ...

All good, thanks. SIF is well though missing your presence, and downunder is looking forward to a dose of summer ('twas nice and cool but rather overcast in Sydney today though). Good to hear about your good health, and long may it continue.  

David. 

Archived