Greetings qaz

I must mention that my small number of contacts with Customer services have been met with very helpful & friendly replies. From your posts so far, it's not obvious whether English is your first language (if it is, please accept my apology & blame your school-teachers!). I am involved in technical support myself, when discussing problems which the user may not understand fully, any inability to put across the problem precisely can cause communication problems. I am certain that Alamy Customer Services will make every effort to fix any issues you may have in the future.

We were not being rude in not wishing to see your private correspondence with Alamy. It's just that private letters should stay private.

Regarding spell-checking. If you use Firefox as your web browser, you can download a spell check add-on. This will the underline miss-spelt words & when you right click, it will suggest alternatives, just like a Word processor. Firefox can be downloaded from here: http://www.getfirefox.com

BTW I used to work in Bristol for a while.

Best wishes :)

hi orange Elephant

thanks for taking an interest . i trust u saw this below . may i ask if English is ur first language? [dont take offense]. i believe my statement below is quite accurate , it explains to me at least, the reason for the difficulties

i have added a bit on the end

"i finally pointed out a couple of issues to MS through the forum and believe they agree [although they didn't actually say] that one was simply an inappropriate reply and the other a matter of confusion due to Alamys "in house" terminology being used in their reply instead of plain English"

additionally. i can say that in my house lives a  teacher of primary school kids, she agrees that a couple of the replies i got from alamy where simply not related in any way to the query, probably a poor attempt at matching an auto reply to a question. u must surely be aware of this practice as u were in customer support

mark

I really do wonder why they bother with reds and greens... they're allocated pretty arbitrarily after all. You can tell that from this thread!

Did you ever see the old forum? That didn't have the green and red voting system and had anonymity (no link to contributors images). In my opinion the old forum was often far less constructive than the new forum, with frequent arguments that sometimes turned quite nasty. I feel the new forum is much better. I like the arrows. :)

I really do wonder why they bother with reds and greens... they're allocated pretty arbitrarily after all. You can tell that from this thread!

Did you ever see the old forum? That didn't have the green and red voting system and had anonymity (no link to contributors images). In my opinion the old forum was often far less constructive than the new forum, with frequent arguments that sometimes turned quite nasty. I feel the new forum is much better. I like the arrows. :).

There will always be some arbitrary awarding of votes, but if you look overall reputation scores you can soon tell who the valuable contributors are and whose postings are likely to contain words of wisdom.

Did you ever see the old forum? That didn't have the green and red voting system and had anonymity (no link to contributors images). In my opinion the old forum was often far less constructive than the new forum, with frequent arguments that sometimes turned quite nasty. I feel the new forum is much better. I like the arrows. :)

Mr Chapman

yes i take what u say, it must  help to keep people in order...good thing out here in the wild west. but unfortunately i hated school as a kid and the markings for good behavior, colored stars etc....yeah, i'm a bit anti..........i seriously wonder at the head spaces that seem to be occupying some people :) so maybe the rating system [again] is good

Archived