October Challenge - Shoot Local

Ed Endicott

You inspired me to upload some local images I took a long time ago. There is a locksmith in Greenwich Village who is a self-taught metal sculptor. He has covered the facade of his shop with art made of keys...

Detail_of_metal_sculpture_made_with_keyst

E8M716   Detail of metal sculpture made of keys.

More images of the place are here. if you have any suggestions for keywords I would appreciate hearing them. I'm not used to keywording subjects like this.

Paulette

You inspired me to upload some local images I took a long time ago. There is a locksmith in Greenwich Village who is a self-taught metal sculptor. He has covered the facade of his shop with art made of keys...

Detail_of_metal_sculpture_made_with_keys

More images of the place are here. if you have any suggestions for keywords I would appreciate hearing them. I'm not used to keywording subjects like this.

Paulette

Actual 'key' words ! 

I had a look at the the work in other images you linked to - I love it, really artistic.

I'd include the word 'sculpture' in there.....

Not that I have much hope of being selected with my vertical image, but it is a wonder to me why Alamy displays landscape images at 4.25 x 6.25 inches (on my screen), while portrait images are displayed at 3.4 x 5.1

I think they should be the same size, don't you?

Detail_of_metal_sculpture_made_with_keys

Paulette

Actual 'key' words ! 

I had a look at the the work in other images you linked to - I love it, really artistic.

I'd include the word 'sculpture' in there.....

Great stuff and nice pics....

I'd add Welded, Iron, Steel, Brass, Abstract, Mural, Wall-Art, Street-Art & Metalwork.

Parm

Not that I have much hope of being selected with my vertical image, but it is a wonder to me why Alamy displays landscape images at 4.25 x 6.25 inches (on my screen), while portrait images are displayed at 3.4 x 5.1

I think they should be the same size, don't you?

I don't know why either and agree that they should be displayed at the same size.

Two miles from my home at the Lakeside Arts Centre. Highfields Park - Ali Smith fresh from the Man Booker Award dinner where her book How to Be Both was shortlisted. Energetic and interesting I was fortunate to have a pleasant chat with before the reading and discussion - a lovely person and a hugely talented writer.

E92Y95.jpg

I dropped my camera and damaged a lens. Still did not spoil my memory of the evening (last night).

Landmark_windmill_De_Adriaan_in_Haarlem_

No recent images from the vicinity of our home this month.
This is one I've prepared earlier ;-)
1 mile -1.6 km from home.
Peace and calm in Haarlem.

As for global warming (#Lisa), we have an app for that.
Clunky English Google translation of the pc version here. The short video is interesting. (Click on Transcript text for English.)
The app is for current water levels only.
At about 1-2 m height above Normal Sea Level (NAP - Normaal Amsterdams Peil) we live in relative luxury ;-)

The windmill De Adriaan with it's interesting history, is not for pumping out water, but for grinding grain.
Well to attract tourists actually.

wim

edit: map link

edit2: map link now actually works ;-)

I heard on the radio recently that my area might be getting some of those Dutch flood-control engineers over to advice on how to protect against Sandy-like storms. They should know what they're doing. Funny to call them back to what was their own little city in the past. 

Funny to call them back to what was their own little city in the past. 

Which, Edo, I assume is why your lovely city still abounds with Tulips in spring. The profusion of flowered parks was a delightful surprise to us.

dd

Archived