Back in the top 500?

Top 500 is very nice but…

I think it would be to everyone's benefit, including Alamy's, to put all of the top 500 in the CREATIVE division, and at the top of the image sort order.

Then being in the top 500 would have more significance. It could be a reward for doing well, and give number 501- 30,000 a real incentive to do better.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "carrot on a stick" way of doing things. I'm also not sure what "doing better" means. It sounds a bit like grade school to me -- e.g. "Sally has not been working up to her potential this term. She needs to apply herself more if she wants to do better."

That said, it would be interesting to know if landing in the "Top 500" has any real benefits attached to it -- e.g. improved ranking, shorter sojourns in the Sin Bin Inn, free beer at the Alamy pub for three months, etc.

Top 500 is very nice but…

I think it would be to everyone's benefit, including Alamy's, to put all of the top 500 in the CREATIVE division, and at the top of the image sort order.

Then being in the top 500 would have more significance. It could be a reward for doing well, and give number 501- 30,000 a real incentive to do better.

Wouldn't work. 

What happens if the top 500 were Editorial or News or they had a few real good sellers but the majority of their images were not "Creative". It would just kill off the Creative category altogether if you lumped all their work in together. You would then have people saying, "How the hell is this in creative" :-)

Edit. Creative does not just mean "Good Image". You can have a superb Editorial / News shot that would not be used as a creative image within advertising due to the lack of MR or PR. 

Yup, I'm honoured yet again! :D  Dare I say heaven help how the non-Top 500 are doing?????!!!! ;)

I have to say though that it makes a pleasant change from when I was in a "proper job" and I never got any praise or promotions....................... :P

Archived