QC notification

My last fail was my fault. Alamy was totally correct.

What happened? After checking the image carefully and returning it to normal size, at the last second I decided to remove a bit of distracting litter in the foreground. My bad for not enlarging the image again, where I would have discovered a nasty gray circle caused by the tool.

Fail....obvious retouching.

My uploads are sailing through quickly, usually in under 12-24 hours.

It's always a surprise for me as well. Can hardly wait to find out what I missed. I'll use the downtime to do something useful like work on my Halloween costume or bake a couple of pumpkin pies. B)

Isn't Thanksgiving on Monday for you John?  Enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend!

Yes, it is. Good for you. Most people south of the 49th parallel don't know that.

By the time I get to submit this year's fresh batch of pumpkin pics to Alamy, the season will be over. Oh well, I've yet to sell a pumpkin-themed image on Alamy. Has anyone else had better luck?

John think year ahead. Your pumpkin images could be just what is needed next year.

I tend to think that what I shoot this year will probably not be used till next year.

News feed excepted of course.

Allan

Yes, it is. Good for you. Most people south of the 49th parallel don't know that.

By the time I get to submit this year's fresh batch of pumpkin pics to Alamy, the season will be over. Oh well, I've yet to sell a pumpkin-themed image on Alamy. Has anyone else had better luck?

Yes, John.  Several times.  The latest came in this morning.  :)  BTW, pumpkin pie is delicious any time of the year. I'm not confining baking them to the holidays only. Think about baking one or two early, then submitting it a little closer (2 months) to the holiday.  My extended family loves them at any time.  I actually modify the original pumpkin pie recipe, using 1/2 to 2/3 of the pumpkin amount. I get three pies out of the large can. Triple all the ingredients used for one pie, or in the large can size, add half again the ingredients amount.  Just do the math.

It gives the pie a little less bitterness from the pumpkin, and a milder, yet delicious taste.  My mother baked them this way all of her life.  Two pies out of one can that is usually used for one pie.  You have to be a little more careful about getting the middle set while baking.

This method sometimes can win over pumpkin pie haters, making them raise their eyebrows and say, Yummmm.

Yes, John.  Several times.  The latest came in this morning.  :)  BTW, pumpkin pie is delicious any time of the year. I'm not confining baking them to the holidays only. Think about baking one or two early, then submitting it a little closer (2 months) to the holiday.  My extended family loves them at any time.  I actually modify the original pumpkin pie recipe, using 1/2 to 2/3 of the pumpkin amount. I get three pies out of the large can. Triple all the ingredients used for one pie, or in the large can size, add half again the ingredients amount.  Just do the math.

It gives the pie a little less bitterness from the pumpkin, and a milder, yet delicious taste.  My mother baked them this way all of her life.  Two pies out of one can that is usually used for one pie.  You have to be a little more careful about getting the middle set while baking.

This method sometimes can win over pumpkin pie haters, making them raise their eyebrows and say, Yummmm.

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I'm only good at eating pumpkin pies, not making them. Interesting to hear that pumpkin pics actually sell. As mentioned, my pumpkins will now be rotting in the bin along with myself (my bad) for the next few weeks. Unless of course, I find a more simpatico home for them elsewhere.

John, it seems it's all things pumpkin this time of year.  I have images of pumpkin beer in my port - there were two searches yesterday for pumpkin beer and pumpkin ale.  Today, I bought another six pack figuring it wouldn't hurt to drink more of it in hope of a few images being licensed. :)

QC time can make me jumpy. Usually if I pass, it's well under 24 hours. This latest batch, all shot on a Sony RX100 II went 2 days and then I emailed support wondering what had happened. I checked and re-checked the batch 3 or 4 times and couldn't find anything. Got a fast email back saying they were busy and loaded down and hadn't looked at them yet. Got an email this morning saying  they had passed.  

It's not the time so much, it's the thinking that suddenly I have forgotten how to check images.  :unsure:

Thanksgiving Day in Western Canada? Do you share a stuffed salmon with local indigenous people? Pumpkin pie, I'm told, is safe to eat 12 months a year, unlike summer clams.  Pumpkin beer? This is what comes from living above the snow line.    :rolleyes:

Thanksgiving Day in Western Canada? Do you share a stuffed salmon with local indigenous people? Pumpkin pie, I'm told, is safe to eat 12 months a year, unlike summer clams.  Pumpkin beer? This is comes of living above the snow line.    :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I didn't get any invites from local First Nations (indigenous) people. Can't blame them given what the white man has done to the planet. They don't really have a lot to thank us for.

Archived