Your favorite images you have uploaded to Alamy in September '14

Michael Ventura

Just as I homed in on one car - while I was playing about with panning, beside a woodland road in dappled sunlight - another car passed it going in the opposite direction.

Of course, the second car turned out a total blur. But it gave a great sort of 'explosion' and slight dimming effect behind the subject, which adds to the sense of speed.

Serendipity.

Acceleration-Foot-down-hard-on-a-woodlan

Mountains-expanse-tourism-Tourists-trekk

It took me few hard hours to get there, Babia Góra (Diablak) peak in Polish mountains... The grey sky is cloud, we were standing in the cloud surrounding so all I could shoot was grey nothing. But pleace is just amazing! Gloomy, quiet and peacefull.

Sun showed for few seconds when I had a cup of hot tea. In few minutes weather changed to thunderstorm with hails. I never knew I can run away that fast! Good lesson of life here.

OK, I don't want you to click around for long so here's a 2nd shot.

Really hope these images will be downloaded at least a few times the next years here on Alamy too, as one photo out of this series is my most popular on another Stock Agency downloaded almotst 1000 times within 2 years.

New-York-City-Sky-View-With-Liberty-Elli

OK Jill, can you move an image on a webpage (like the image above) by holding your mouse button while you move it?

When that works open a new tab and go find your image on the Alamy presentation page.

Drag your image to the tab of this page and wait there (maybe move around a tiny little bit) until the tab becomes active: it changes color and the page opens.

Keep your finger on that mouse button all the time. When this page opens, keep dragging your image until you have reached the reply box. If the image is in it, let go of the mouse button.

Now it should be in the box. If it opens in a page of your browser, it was not in the right place when the button was released or the pen lifted.

It helps to have the box visible on the screen and as large as possible. Not necessary, but it helps.

With a pen, make sure you do not lift the pen, no need for buttons. A mouse may be slightly easier because of the button. I prefer a pen though.

It should work in all browsers.

Good luck!

wim

OK Jill, can you move an image on a webpage (like the image above) by holding your mouse button while you move it?

When that works open a new tab and go find your image on the Alamy presentation page.

Drag your image to the tab of this page and wait there (maybe move around a tiny little bit) until the tab becomes active: it changes color and the page opens.

Keep your finger on that mouse button all the time. When this page opens, keep dragging your image until you have reached the reply box. If the image is in it, let go of the mouse button.

Now it should be in the box. If it opens in a page of your browser, it was not in the right place when the button was released or the pen lifted.

It helps to have the box visible on the screen and as large as possible. Not necessary, but it helps.

With a pen, make sure you do not lift the pen, no need for buttons. A mouse may be slightly easier because of the button. I prefer a pen though.

It should work in all browsers.

Good luck!

wim

Doesn't work.

I can drag the images into the box. They show in the box. But when I hit post, I am told I cannot use that image extension.

Baffled. Have done this a zillion times, but not with the new zoom screen. But others are not having a problem, so why me?

Jill

I'm not sure I get how to post an image, but here's one of a girl on horseback making a right-turn signal as she crosses the Wilhelminabrug in Marken, NL (E80X81).

http://dondouglas.com/E80X81.jpg

Great moment! I would add something to describe that's she's obeying traffic rules. Or have some keywords pointing it out.

You have bikes and bicycles in your keywords, yet there are none visible. However she does behave like when she's on a bike. As she should. I would somehow, maybe in description, point that out. If anyone will ever search for it? Greatly doubt it. Holland children in traffic maybe. Or safety in traffic.

wim

Thanks, Wim. Keywording is an area where I have a long way to go. I save them as templates in Photoshop and then delete, or forget to delete, the words that don't apply. I'll go back to this one and make some adjustments. By the way, is there a way to preserve keyword phrases intact, or will it necessarily come out as children; in; traffic?

Thanks, Wim. Keywording is an area where I have a long way to go. I save them as templates in Photoshop and then delete, or forget to delete, the words that don't apply. I'll go back to this one and make some adjustments. By the way, is there a way to preserve keyword phrases intact, or will it necessarily come out as children; in; traffic?

In searches they will be treated as single keywords. In the presentation page all keywords are visible to clients in alphabetical order, but keywords that have been put between quotation marks will be shown as a key phrase.

It is not enough however to use them as a key phrase in Photoshop, you will need to add the quotation marks. Not sure if this only works on line, and that quotation marks added in Photoshop are being stripped like semicolons are.

wim

This is the Rome fountain that I was asking about the Latin meaning of SPA. Taken in 2008, I uploaded it a week or so ago.  

"So . . . as it turns out, it's Italian (or Latin) and dates from 1605-1621, when Paolo Borghese was Pope. SPA stands for Sacro Palazzo Apostolico, referring to the building it is or was attached to." 

Ornate_water_fountain_on_Via_della_Conci

one of my favorite images uploaded here September 2014:

Freeport_New_York_USA_10th_Sept_2014_FRA

E7ACT0  American Legion Riders member at ceremony the eve of 13th Anniversary of 9/11, Long Island, New York

- Ann

Archived