compact quality

Well, thanks everybody who has contributed...still not entirely sure where I'm going with my credit card but much food for thought. Some in depth reviews on this website which I've found very useful in the past: http://www.dpreview.com/

I've given you a greenie for saying thank you. So many OPs don't bother even to reply.

Pearl

Sony RX100 is the tool for me for museums and street photography.

E5P0EJ.jpg   E3E52J.jpg   D8T7D4.jpg

DJNJEW.jpg   D8Y84W.jpg   E5D5EN.jpg

Click on pictures for larger view and info

Cheers,

Philippe

Very nice. Which model are you using -- Mk1, Mk2, or Mk3?

Thanks :) I'm using the Mk1 but often reduce the size to 12mp (36 x 24cm) to get the best quality (especially when shooting indoors in dim light without tripod)

Cheers,

Philippe

These are really good quality imo Phillippe.  I use the RX100 MkII and never get any quality issues with it. It's a great camera and a lot of fun to use.

I have the original RX100 and like it. It's even survived a feline push off a table onto a ceramic tile floor (cats are lovable jerks). But it's a bit too small for me. The next thing Sony needs to do is target the Canon Gs. I'll bet they're working on it.

Archived