If someone will do QC checking for free for me I'll give you a credit and tell all my friends about you. Paid work will then flow in and you will live forever in the land of milk and honey :)

Let me think, I'm sure i've heard something very similar just recently.......

Doing your own QC is part of your educational process, no matter your skill level.

I use my QC at 100% to monitor all aspects of my work. Not just sharpness. Why is that happening? Equipment problem? Photographer problem? Quality can slip by small but cumulative amounts over time, so you need to keep on top of quality yourself.

Years ago some big time pro film shooters had a difficult time converting to digital, because they left QC up to one of their assistants.

Their early files were full of shooting mistakes, that were costly to correct in post. In some cases the digital assistant got behind the camera, and overtook the master.

• Upvote 2

Hi, uploaded 16 photos on the 21th July, as yet i have had no reply from QC.

So one or more has been unsuccessful, i thought that you were in the sin bin for 28 days?

At the moment it has been 30 days and i am still counting. Dose the weekends  count in the 28 days or not?

My sin bin should have ended on Monday. I have 45 photos from "Race-for Life, that i am waiting to upload. Can you help. Geoff 

It's 30 days, so you should be out tomorrow.

If you have news upload privileges QC is bypassed.

Edited by spacecadet

"Up to 28 working days," so weekends and holidays don't count.

Both mine have been exactly 30 days, weekends included.

Both mine have been exactly 30 days, weekends included.

I haven't had the pleasure lately. But it has usually been 30 days for me too. I guess the "28 working days" is the upper limit.

Uploaded 17th July - out of clink 18th August.

Uploaded 19th Aug - passed 20th August. :)

PHEW!

Allan

Hi, QC replied today, one photo failed (soft or lacking definition) so 31 day counting weekends. 

I haven't had the pleasure lately. But it has usually been 30 days for me too. I guess the "28 working days" is the upper limit.

Oh dear, three strikes and I'm out for 28, then.

Great idea but with what I earn from Alamy I can't see it being cost effective for me.

The potential customer base is, IMO, too small to make this a viable product.

Personally I do not have issues with QC, and I know that I am not alone in this, so would see no benefit, even if it where free.

Judging by the other responses I would guess that this would only work if somebody wanted to develop it for their own use and was looking for a marginal income to offset the development cost. 

Good luck anyway and don't be put off. The next idea may be a world beater.

dov

If someone will do QC checking for free for me I'll give you a credit and tell all my friends about you. Paid work will then flow in and you will live forever in the land of milk and honey :)

I whish you best of luck. The cheapest I found he works for a sushi plate, But he is generous though; he shares it with me and let me have all but fish :)

E67NHG.jpg

Edited by ladikirn