Sign in to follow this  
Via

Anyone using new Lytro Illum Camera on Alamy?

I just received the Lytro Illum camera and am wondering if anyone has submitted images from the Illum to Alamy. 

I'd never heard of it so I looked up a review, which said:

"images are never quite tack-sharp as you move the focus around (Lytro says any given spot maxes out at four megapixels), making it look as if everything’s out of focus rather than in focus. That makes Lytro’s living pictures totally impractical for printing or exporting as simple JPGs".

On the face of it, this sounds like a shortcut to the sin bin.

Alan

Edited by Inchiquin

I'd never heard of it so I looked up a review, which said:

"images are never quite tack-sharp as you move the focus around (Lytro says any given spot maxes out at four megapixels), making it look as if everything’s out of focus rather than in focus. That makes Lytro’s living pictures totally impractical for printing or exporting as simple JPGs".

On the face of it, this sounds like a shortcut to the sin bin.

Alan

Thanks Alan. On that basis it is Lytro here I do not come.

Allan

I had a look at it not so long ago, at first it seemed impressive, however it is nothing but a expensive toy for the players and something to talk about at party's.

Paul.

I think its time will come

I understand Sony is looking its own proprietry light field tech  [fancy that - Sony looking at proprietry tech ;) ]