Your Favorite Location?

Really? I just sent you a PM to test the system. 

replying to existing msg okay, but starting a whole new one, kaput.

Back to favourite places . . . sitting on the cliffs of Santorini, watching the sun set over the caldera, Kitaro's "Silk Road" playing in the background, sipping cold Retsina, nibbling warm unsalted pistachios . . . sigh . . .

dd

Hi Ed, Like you I love Oxfordshire, especially in the summer. Spent almost four years living in a small town called Charlbury and loved every minute of it. Also love Jasper National Park in Canada and Provence in France.

Chris

And I wonder where you found the best cuisine?   ;)

I have lived in a few places and visited a few more, but the home of my heart is always England's Lake District.  Been visiting since 1976, walked most of the hills around Keswick and Borrowdale (and have plans to walk a lot more).  I usually manage to get there once a year, and while I love most of England, this little corner draws me back every time.

Louise

I love the Cote D'Azur, mainly around Antibes which is where we like to stay. Great food, the weather is pretty good for most of year and more culture than you can throw a stick at. There a great English bookshop down near the market (Antibes is very cosmopolitan due to the boats crews) who can tell you the best local places to eat. Other than in Tours, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in France.

I have lived in a few places and visited a few more, but the home of my heart is always England's Lake District.  Been visiting since 1976, walked most of the hills around Keswick and Borrowdale (and have plans to walk a lot more).  I usually manage to get there once a year, and while I love most of England, this little corner draws me back every time.

Louise

I spent many summers camping at Braithwaite village and walked all around there. This was when I was a lot younger (1950 - 60's) and the roads were all still just country lanes.

Allan

I lived in Zambia when I was a VSO, and then as a teacher, in the 90s, which was fabulous. My first house was just a couple of miles from Victoria Falls.

When I went back a couple of years ago I found the country has changed quite a lot but the people are just as warm and friendly. The vast expanse of the Kafue National Park is the place for me.

Archived