The new Alamy dashboard

Dashboard is also, at moment, a month out on when Alamy pay - the cleared balance from last month is 'hanging' and showing as to be paid next month.

Can't seem to find the link to my images (but NOT the 'manage images' page' - the one where you see your images as a link to your website. Any help please? :(

Under the graph you'll notice : "Link to your images on Alamy"

Cheers,

Philippe

Thanks Philippe - I did try that link several times but it was a dead end. But just tried it again, and it works now.  :D

I like the new dashboard, but it would be nice if it updated more than once a day and would auto update on weekends. The only other statistic I would like to see is when images are added to a lightbox.

Even if not purchased, it helps to know they were in the running.

Jill

Had my first sale of the month today and while it appears under Summary of Items Sold, it has yet to appear in the graph, or the column on the right with thumbnails of recent sales. All I can imagine is that not all information on the graph is updated at the same time.

I like the new dashboard, but it would be nice if it updated more than once a day and would auto update on weekends. The only other statistic I would like to see is when images are added to a lightbox.

Even if not purchased, it helps to know they were in the running.

Jill

Had my first sale of the month today and while it appears under Summary of Items Sold, it has yet to appear in the graph, or the column on the right with thumbnails of recent sales. All I can imagine is that not all information on the graph is updated at the same time.

I got my first sae this month too.  In my case it appeared in all 3 places, the sales box at left, the mini thumbnails at top right and on the monthly sales graph.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We've been ironing out the minor issues and fixing them as they have come up (which you may have noticed) but some of the bigger fixes will be released on Tuesday the 10th.

These include:

• An issue where sometimes a number on the left of the graph would repeat
  • Including a summary of photographer average CTR and average CTR on all of Alamy for measures
  • Agency name (if you are an agency) being displayed at the top of the page
  • A fix on an occasional error that said you were opted in to distribution even though you were not
  • The 'apply' option being removed for news / archival if you already have this option

Cheers

Alamy

I got my first sae this month too.  In my case it appeared in all 3 places, the sales box at left, the mini thumbnails at top right and on the monthly sales graph.

That was around 9:45pm EDST. I checked in later, around 1:30 EDST and the sale appeared in all three places.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We've been ironing out the minor issues and fixing them as they have come up (which you may have noticed) but some of the bigger fixes will be released on Tuesday the 10th.

These include:

• Including a summary of photographer average CTR and average CTR on all of Alamy for measures
  • A fix on an occasional error that said you were opted in to distribution even though you were not
  • The 'apply' option being removed for news / archival if you already have this option

Cheers

Alamy

I like the new dashboard very much, but a minor irritation is when I go from "My Alamy" to "Manage Your Images"

- A screen appears inviting me to choose between "old version” and new version”. 

I always click on the “new version” whereupon exactly the same screen appears again.  I once again click “new version” and get through to Manage Images where I wanted to be.

Why can I not there with one click rather than 2?  

Also the threat to soon turn off the “old version” has been in place (I think) for several years, and I for one would not miss the old one if it went.

I appreciate these are very minor points – but it would streamline things just a little if they could be fixed.

Is it only me, or do others find the same thing happening?

These include:

Cheers

Alamy

I like the new dashboard very much, but a minor irritation is when I go from "My Alamy" to "Manage Your Images"

- A screen appears inviting me to choose between "old version” and new version”. 

I always click on the “new version” whereupon exactly the same screen appears again.  I once again click “new version” and get through to Manage Images where I wanted to be.

Also the threat to soon turn off the “old version” has been in place (I think) for several years, and I for one would not miss the old one if it went.

I appreciate these are very minor points – but it would streamline things just a little if they could be fixed.

I have been irritated by it for several years because I often used to get it when I went to Manage Images even before the new dashboard (possibly a duff bookmark on my pc). Surely the old version should have been retired a long time ago and the url redirected to the new version - I hope they are not wasting time maintaining the old version.

I have been irritated by it for several years because I often used to get it when I went to Manage Images even before the new dashboard (possibly a duff bookmark on my pc). Surely the old version should have been retired a long time ago and the url redirected to the new version - I hope they are not wasting time maintaining the old version.

I don't see this problem. The "Manage your images" button on the new "My Alamy" dashboard takes me directly to the New Manage images without asking the question. Maybe there's a setting somewhere?

I don't see this problem. The "Manage your images" button on the new "My Alamy" dashboard takes me directly to the New Manage images without asking the question. Maybe there's a setting somewhere?

I think that if you have been a contributor long enough to have had the option to use the old version, then you will have the problem.  If you have only ever been able to use/used the new version, that that is the only option you will have now.

Some time ago, I can't remember when exactly, Alamy said they had turned off the old Manage Images for contributors who hadn't used it for 6 months. I now have one account with both and one with just the new version.

For the sake of an extra click I'd rather keep access to the old one so I can use it on my iPad.

Pearl

I do use the old quite a bit.  It is easier to cut/paste with it for some reason.  Plus when I go to the location box, I type one letter and the most common locations I've used before pops up in a box for me to choose.  I don't get that in the new version.  I have to type:" Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,US,USA,United States,North America" in full or else hit the back arrow to another image and copy it, go back to the present one and paste.

Just that little move wastes time for me and I don't like it.  If the new version offered that pop-up box I'd be a happy camper.

Another thing, in the old version, I can highlight the keywords in Comprehensive that I want to move to another box, then slide the highlighted words to the box with the curser. In the new version, I have to highlight, then do a cut/paste.  I know, not much difference, but sliding is quicker.

Betty

Betty,

Very interesting!   It is a very long time since I used the old version, and I never was aware of the points you mention.

Of course the new version has the advantage of batch processing.   In my new images for key wording I tend to have quite a number at the same location, so the location can be added to a batch, because unlike keywords and caption, the location is not (cannot) be embedded in the ITPC data.

I just had a look in my images and the old version shows some 3800 of them as "needing more information"  where the new version shows none!

The new version thinks it has enough information when you have attributes done and essential key words.  The old version highlights where (for example) you have not followed all the Alamy recommendations for caption.

I could perhaps improve the standard of key wording and captioning if I worked through the old version checking information needed.   However the snag is, I can get bored easily!

I think that if you have been a contributor long enough to have had the option to use the old version, then you will have the problem.  If you have only ever been able to use/used the new version, that that is the only option you will have now.

When I first joined I did have access to the old version, although I think the new version was also available.

"I just had a look in my images and the old version shows some 3800 of them as "needing more information"  where the new version shows none!" -- Peter

Usually that refers to "Is this image a cut-out?" That's a box they no longer have in the new version. 

I used the old version but I think I may not have had any sales at the time the new version came along and i did not keep access to the old one. Or maybe I didn't have enough images -- whatever -- I didn't qualify to keep it, alas. I'd like to have the choice. Still hoping they improve the new one. 

Paulette

I find the old version really useful. It's much better if you have a lot of similar images and you want to do some cutting and pasting of captions or keywords. 

I also find the 'is it a cutout?' feature useful. Not because it is in any way relevant, but because I like to check captions and keywords twice.

I do them once to get them on sale then, maybe a couple of weeks later, I take another look by selecting the "on sale but needs more details" option.

I then go through them again, ticking the 'cut out or not' button, to show ME that I have finished. 

"I just had a look in my images and the old version shows some 3800 of them as "needing more information"  where the new version shows none!" -- Peter

Usually that refers to "Is this image a cut-out?" That's a box they no longer have in the new version. 

Edo,

Yes, you are quite right, in the old version my recent images do not have the "Is this picture a Cut Out?" marked.  

I have added the 3800 images since early February 2011.  I wonder how well that ties up with the introduction of the new Manage Images, or with the automation of cut-out identification, if that was done at a different time?

Archived