The new Alamy dashboard

Is there a mistake on the Alamy CTR value.

Capture.jpg

The Current Average Alamy CTR value I see seems to be different to that reported by others, and (as reported elsewhere) appears to be exactly the same as my Top Performing Pseudos CTR. Or have I misunderstood something?

Your value for Current Average Alamy CTR is different from mine.

Current Average Alamy CTR: 0.42

That's weird!

Mine:

Period : 01 May 2013 to 27 May 2014

Total views for wim wiskerke: 96,873

Total zooms for wim wiskerke: 475

Total CTR for wim wiskerke: 0.49

Top performing pseudonym: 6.14)

Current Average Alamy CTR: 0.65

Mine dropped quite steeply to an all time low over last 2 months. After just fluctuating or climbing before.

wim

I haven't been able to find the link to my pseudonym's summary. I think it was called "my images" or "your images" in the previous version.

Try clicking on "Alamy Measures" at the bottom of the dashboard page and then on "Your Images" in the drop-down menu.

I haven't been able to find the link to my pseudonym's summary. I think it was called "my images" or "your images" in the previous version.

Try clicking on "Alamy Measures" at the bottom of the dashboard page and then on "Your Images" in the drop-down menu.

Got it. Thank you!

Capture.jpg

The Current Average Alamy CTR value I see seems to be different to that reported by others, and (as reported elsewhere) appears to be exactly the same as my Top Performing Pseudos CTR. Or have I misunderstood something?

That's weird!

Mine:

Mine dropped quite steeply to an all time low over last 2 months. After just fluctuating or climbing before.

wim

I think that it somehow relates to one's own results, not All of Alamy (although no calculations I have yet made seem to make any sense!) and has just been poorly worded by Alamy.

Mine:

Period : 01 May 2013 to 28 May 2014

Total views for Get Sticky Design: 18,830

Total zooms for Get Sticky Design: 98

Total CTR for Get Sticky Design: 0.52

Top performing pseudonym: ONE234 (CTR: 3.33)

Current Average Alamy CTR: 1.32

Doesn't seem to relate in any way to my past year or month, and my current ctr is very low.  Not that I mind if it means that a ctr of 1.32 helps my ranking, thus ensuring that my images are still being seen at least!

Got it. Thank you!

de rien

Not sure if the graph for most members shows the downward trend from 2012. From my first year everything is up until 2013 then the graph moves sharply downward. If I took the trend line from my first year to 2012 I should be much higher in 2013 and 2014. I suspect the total pie is not growing at the same rate as the increase in members/images and it's getting divided into smaller slices each year.

Not sure if the graph for most members shows the downward trend from 2012. From my first year everything is up until 2013 then the graph moves sharply downward. If I took the trend line from my first year to 2012 I should be much higher in 2013 and 2014. I suspect the total pie is not growing at the same rate as the increase in members/images and it's getting divided into smaller slices each year.

My graphs clearly show a rising trend until 2012 (my best year on Alamy) and then a steady decline.

Capture.jpg

That's weird!

Mine:

wim

I think that it somehow relates to one's own results, not All of Alamy (although no calculations I have yet made seem to make any sense!) and has just been poorly worded by Alamy.

Ah, I think you're right. I suspect the value quoted as "Current Alamy average CTR" is actually the "Average CTR for all your pseudos on Alamy". Because I only have one pseudo both CTR values match. This either needs rewording to avoid confusion or the value needs to be changed so it really is the "Current Alamy Average CTR". I'd prefer the latter.

Can I add my vote for changing the revenue graph so it shows net revenue? I'd be happy if it showed 2 lines, gross and net. Same is true for the numbers on the tabs on the left. It would be good if each tab showed two numbers i.e. gross and net. That would make the variation in commission easier to spot (e.g. change in Alamy rate and/or distributor vs Alamy direct sales).

If the graph can only have one line and there can only be one set of numbers please make them "net revenue". Gross revenue may be relevant to Alamy, but it's net revenue that is most relevant to me and which I'd like to see on my dashboard.

Has anybody managed to get this on an iPad? All I get is the heading then a blank page with no links to anything else, no graphics etc. not too handy when travelling! Is it just me?

Pearl

Capture.jpg

That's weird!

Mine:

wim

Ah, I think you're right. I suspect the value quoted as "Current Alamy average CTR" is actually the "Average CTR for all your pseudos on Alamy". Because I only have one pseudo both CTR values match. This either needs rewording to avoid confusion or the value needs to be changed so it really is the "Current Alamy Average CTR". I'd prefer the latter.

Perhaps they could put another line on the same graph actually showing "Current Alamy Average CTR"

John.

Has anybody managed to get this on an iPad? All I get is the heading then a blank page with no links to anything else, no graphics etc. not too handy when travelling! Is it just me?

Pearl

It's fine on Android phones.

wim

Another vote here for the graph to show net rather than gross. Being able to see what we actually receive is far more useful and meaningful. 

Nice that everything's visible at a glance though. 

Another vote here for the graph to show net rather than gross. Being able to see what we actually receive is far more useful and meaningful. 

Nice that everything's visible at a glance though. 

Seconded, or thirded or...

Pearl,

I seem to be able to view everything fine on my ipad mini.

Maria

Thanks Maria. I got it eventually but seems to need a half decent internet speed which I haven't got at the moment.

Pearl

New Handy Dashboard View

1. In clean, organized layout, includes lots of useful features, such as Recent Sales, complete with thumbnails

2. Alamy tweets & Stockimo tweets: make it easier to catch useful info

3. Overview - images need details/keywords:  more likely to notice this useful info, than when only listed in Manage Images

4. Your sales - top chart: easy to visualize trend, keeping in mind that, in these sorts of charts, current year will tend to appear downward, especially early in year

Glitch:

1. Additional Revenue Options - Action "Apply" shows for News FTP image upload, when contributor already has it

Suggestions:

1. Tools - Manage Your Images: make New Version the default

2. Your Sales Chart: Include Net view

3. Your Sales Chart: make Net default view; if Net not added, make Revenue default view

Good job, Alamy!

- Ann

I've made sales on images often decades after I shot them. Quite a few of my Alamy sales were images I shot more than 3 years ago.

You just never know.

L

I have been with Alamy since 2002 and I am happy with Gross Sales on the graph. I am interested in what is happening in the wider market and can make the calculation as to what it means to me. Gross sales are the only thing that tells us what customers are spending, how active the market is and where fees are going. It is the only value (and numberr of sales) that is consistent over the long term. It is still frightening how revenue has collapsed and average licence fee would be even worse :(:angry:

Archived