Pixel peeping in relation to print size ?

Hi , 

Am I correct in assuming that viewing an image in LR or any other Raw developer at say 50% , gives you an idea of what a printed image would like at approximately 24" x "16 ?

If this is the case , does viewing an image at 100% , gives you an idea of what a printed image may look like at 48" x 30" ?

Thank you.

Adam.

Surely it depends on the size of your screen. On Apple iPad Mini Retina display tablet (2048 px on long side) the pixels would be much smaller than on a 27in HD monitor (1920px on long side). So the physical image size varies by a factor of more than 3.6 on such devices.

Even if it did you would not normally look at a print that size as closely as you would a monitor.

To be honest I work on the basis that if I produce a clean, sharp and well adjusted image with the kit I have it will go pretty well as large as I am ever likely to need so I don't need to check specially at the print size. See the other forum topic I started at Large Prints and Pixel Count

Archived