Stokie

What is the number for the most times you have sold an image?

This was prompted by a comment from Lynne yesterday in the 'How was your April thread' where she said "I also had the 55th sale of one image".

I had a sale this morning taking my best seller to 9.

What is your figure?

John.

recent couple of sales took one of my rather ageing pix to a total of 12. It seems to work for some people but it's nothing jaw-dropping.  But 55 for one image is pretty spectacular! Must have really nailed the subject.

16 times, all to same industry usage in USA, RM image, gross sales $1315.

Edited by Malcolm Park

16 sales of Volcano Osorno, Chile - all on Alamy and all for travel brochures.  I'd show you a pic but can't get the widget to work! :wacko:

12 uses of maypole dancing taken on film on grey, wet day!

A1F01F.jpg

Edited by Martin P Wilson

about 25 but I only count the ones that have actually paid so there may be some reported but not yet paid for.

Pearl

16 sales of Volcano Osorno, Chile - all on Alamy and all for travel brochures.  I'd show you a pic but can't get the widget to work! :wacko:

This one? ATGATG.jpg

Only 4 for me .... complete beginner then  :)

if a nice slice of my collection sold four times each, I would be more than happy!

But in reality, it's a pretty limited number with half a dozen or so repeat sales.

I suspect it's often a case of a client getting in the habit of using a particular image. My other half used to work for a big publisher who would send her off on the hunt for a new photograph of a familiar subject only to be told after a considerable effort, "get that one we used for project X in again" If it worked once, it'll work again. 

Did the buying public notice? You would have thought so, but who knows?

Edited by Robert M Estall

Sold six times so far, but never found any of them in use. But you all know I certainly tried to find them!

DBRT45.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have one that has sold 40 times, with scores of illegal uses following in its wake. Now if it was a £100 a throw I would be laughing!!

BPD6MD.jpg

Five sales, three via Alamy, one via Getty and one from an infringer. The infringer accounts for half the total revenue!

I have one that has sold 40 times, with scores of illegal uses following in its wake. Now if it was a £100 a throw I would be laughing!!

The 55 uses mentioned by John at the start of the thread are the paid for sales, I also have all the illegal infringements which I am about to start chasing up. A google search on the image produces 15 pages of usage. 

Lynne

• Upvote 1

Best a mere 8 times, but a relatively recent effort, so hoping for more!

It's an 8 for me as well followed by a 5 in second place.

Regards

Craig

I've had one sell 9 times mostly for $180 textbooks - Sorry cant show that one there are very few shots of it on alamy

Had this one  BFGDB1  sell 5 times, then it went viral and is now all over the web and it has not sold since

I've had several others sell 3 or more times

I too was very impressed with Lynn's 55. My best is 12, with an 11, a few 10s and quite a lot of 9s. 

$115,700 for more than 60 uses.This includes collection fees for infringers.

I usually don't do my sales by images but for the event.But the above is for one photo.

L

I can understand the by event approach, that is how your costs are most easily aggregated.

I can understand the by event approach, that is how your costs are most easily aggregated.

Seeing as I started shooting late 70s,pre-digital and pre-computers,'By event' on index cards was the only way to keep score. Ironically that shot was from a concert for a band I never even liked but got stuck covering and the ONLY time the light landed on the performer.No flash was allowed and I was already pushing my  Tri-X to asa 1600. Now it's all on computer.

L

Edited by Linda

1. Alamy: 7 times since 2007, ~$350 net, editorial

2. not Alamy: 21 times since 2010, ~$1700 net, editorial

3. commercial library: 5 times since Dec 2013

+many in between

GI

I have an RF image of a particular place in the UK that has sold 221 times. I have other versions of this place that have sold elsewhere.

Agreed, it hasn't made me a huge deal but there is great satisfaction in the number of times I've sold this image :)