STOCKIMO - What's your highest score?

Lisa

My highest remains 3.7, but my two sales so far have been for images that only scored 2.3!

:) is it just me, or is it really a strange thread where whether or not an image sells is OT (and therefore technically shouldn't even be mentioned) and is secondary to what subjective "score" it received . . . ?

dd

Sorry?  Not sure I understand your issue / criticism is.  My only reason for mentioning it was that the Stockimo score seems to have little relationship to whether or not an image may sell, that's all.  It may be reassuring to those reading this thread who might think their images are inferior because they haven't received a 4.0.  Is it just me, or is this hardly the first time that someone has gone "technically" OT in a thread, or by any means the worst "offence"...? 

Sorry?  Not sure I understand your issue / criticism is.  My only reason for mentioning it was that the Stockimo score seems to have little relationship to whether or not an image may sell, that's all.  It may be reassuring to those reading this thread who might think their images are inferior because they haven't received a 4.0.  Is it just me, or is this hardly the first time that someone has gone "technically" OT in a thread, or by any means the worst "offence"...? 

Hard for me to see any criticism in what I asked . . . I was actualy supporting the gist of your thread (assuming that was the gist of course): that sales are not dependent on what subjective score is given, and sales after all are what we are all aiming for, not camera-club style "scores" . . . if that isn't what you meant to highlight, no problems, but it's what your post meant to me and I therefore thought it was an excellent comment subtely made :)

. . . and you appear to have totally missed my point about OT . . . sales shouldn't be OT when we're talking about images submitted, whereas in this unusual thread they are . . .

Edit: note, I said "unusual", not wicked or wrong or rude or libelous or or or . . .

dd

Now that they've added more detail to the Stockimo app, I can also see what my lowest scores were  :huh:

Actually it's useful because before all we knew was that they were rejected and didn't know how close (or how far) they were to the cutoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first 4.0 with image S08R5K (seem to have lost the ability to post images on the Forum, regardless of method used).

OK. Should have done this FIRST -- before posting the image for Number Six.

Paulette

• 4 weeks later...

Lisa, congrats on being part of Stockimo's Grid of Greatness for second time - interesting to hear about GoG!

One of my Stockimo images was on the Alamy inspiration iPad app last month http://on.fb.me/1iuZtxK

- Ann

There is so much detail in that cat's fur, makes me want to buy one of those clip on iPro lenses for my iPhone.

or you could use a camera?

Lisa, congrats on being part of Stockimo's Grid of Greatness for second time - interesting to hear about GoG!

One of my Stockimo images was on the Alamy inspiration iPad app last month http://on.fb.me/1iuZtxK

- Ann

There is so much detail in that cat's fur, makes me want to buy one of those clip on iPro lenses for my iPhone.

or you could use a camera?

Yeah, but then you couldn't get a "4" . . .

dd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived