STOCKIMO - What's your highest score?

Lisa

Hi Rob-

Really cool pic! Especially like the one with the fish. Can I ask what do you use to capture the underwater shots?

-Jason

I'm using an Iphone 4S in a Nauticam underwater housing. All available light, so you need to keep shallow, though I have some wreck images at 35 Metres. Housing is good to 40 metres. I did use another housing with dive computer app last year, but it kept crashing on me so I've gone back to housing for photography and separate dive computer.

From https://twitter.com/stockimo:

Stockimo @stockimo

Into #iphoneography? Top apps we recommend @stockimo (obviously) @vsco @instagram @mextures Anyone got other faves they want 2 share? #FF

Stockimo @stockimo 
#Almosthere New vers *Rejection reasons: low score, incorrect data or inappropriate
*Customer likes photo feed *Upload to Alamy Live News

I'm using an Iphone 4S in a Nauticam underwater housing. All available light, so you need to keep shallow, though I have some wreck images at 35 Metres. Housing is good to 40 metres. I did use another housing with dive computer app last year, but it kept crashing on me so I've gone back to housing for photography and separate dive computer.

Thanks, Rob for the helpful reply. I will look into Nauticam housing. I am moving to the Philippines later this year so it's something I have been thinking about- not serious underwater photography, but some kind of lower cost solution to get some shots now and again.

Best,

Jason

Ps. Posting from my phone and can't seem to +1 you so perhaps someone else can click the little green button for me? ;-)

We have several threads on Stockimo now, and so far I have to agree with John Mitchell that so far Stockimo is more like Tuesday nights at the camera club than a professional stock activity. I would care about the Twitter rating if it were a path to sales. Is it? I don't see that . . . not so far anyway. 

I found out one very useful thing on this thread: we can use a backdoor to submit images to Stockimo. That is we can shoot with an Android phone, download the Stockimo app onto an iPad, and submit images from there. And . . . we can shoot with the iPad itself and submit those images to Stockimo. 

Stock in general continues to move towards images on the Web. Most images are horizontals now and the files are smaller. Remember when we needed a 50MP jpeg for Alamy? Now we only need 24MPs. Some savvy contributors are downsizing files to 24MP. 

Stock in general continues to move towards images on the Web. Most images are horizontals now and the files are smaller. Remember when we needed a 50MP jpeg for Alamy? Now we only need 24MPs. Some savvy contributors are downsizing files to 24MP. 

Not every screen is the size of a phone.

4K ?

8K ?

8K = 7680x4320 = 33 megapixel

Sharp unveiled the world's first 8K television at the Consumer Electronics Show in 2013.

I agree that Stockimo at the moment seems to be geared towards what looks good on an iPhone.

wim

But, Wim (wim?), isn't that the point (at least at this time), to create a low-tech, down and dirty look? As smart phome cameras become better and better, will we still have what is now "the Stockimo look?"

It's like deja vu all over again.

Oh no I meant the other Yogi Berra quote. ;-)

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

That's why it seems a good idea to me to shoot the highest resolution possible.

Does the Stockimo style work on larger formats?

Not for me, but it could come into fashion, in which case both Yogi-isms apply.

wim (or Wim)

That was my point in saving a jpeg at Level 12. I know 10 or 11 will do, but what will the future bring? 

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." or

"Nobody goes there anymore--it's too crowded."

Yogi hit like a cricket player. I saw him hit a double on a ball that bounced in front of the plate . . . and once he jumped up to hit a ball that was about to go over his head. And you can't be dumb and catch major league baseball; you have to keep the whole game in your head. 

Bringing things back on track :-)

Just over the 100 images on Stockimo now but no selfies on 22nd or 23rd street yet.

This was image 100 and a 4.0 - chuffed!

S05DX0.jpg

Underwater photo shoots from now on will be with both the DSLR and the Iphone in their housings - one set for Alamy as normal, and the other for processing on the phone apps.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my first 4 on Stockimo. 182 images so far and lots of 3.7's before but pleased to have a 4!

S05WBJ.jpg

Congratulations Callie - I have about 230 images but again only one 4.0, lots of 3.7s

Kumar

Congrats und Herzlichen Glückwunsch Callie!!! I have 141 photos now on Stockimo and still no perfect 4 for me yet. I am really having so much fun with Stockimo. 

Rob Smith continues to shock and awe us with unbelievable shots with his underwater case on his iPhone. 

S05XRA.jpg

S0646W.jpg

S06348.jpg

WOW!!!

Rob Smith continues to shock and awe us with unbelievable shots with his underwater case on his iPhone. 

S05XRA.jpg

S0646W.jpg

S06348.jpg

WOW!!!

Thanks Lisa - I've not had this much fun with photography since first discovering polaroid back on an RB67 in the studio in Manhattan in 1985 :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Zvonimir, thanks, we have forgotten what rainbows look like in California (drought). I guess that's what photographs sometimes are for, so we don't forget.

A perfect score for Richard Wayman.

S06DR5.jpg

Archived